Anyone here drive or have any hands experience with a Pontiac G8 GXP?

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When the G8 came out i was slightly intersted seeing it was a big V8 rwd 4 door car. The reviews have been pretty good. I know have been hooked by the G8 GXP. 6.2L V8 mated with a six speed trans, 415 hp/torq stock, seems like one hell of a beast. They're talking 13 sec times stock in the 1/4 mi. Thats pretty impressive. Also seeing the 6.2L engine is from the Vette i can see plenty of aftermarket capabilities. I was thinking since there is no longer "Pontiac" these cars might be priced fairly competative. Just wondering if anyone has driven one or knows someone that has one.

Didn't ILLS trade his LS in and get one? I think he was working on a turbo setup.

If he was the one with that royal blue paint job it looked pretty sweet. But if you hated the LS's plunging value then you're probably gonna be in the same boat with that Pontiac.

I wouldn't mind nabbing a RS4, I've been seeing 2006-2008s going for under 21k

So do it already and shut up.

LS isn't all paid up silly :p

Very retarded to be put into a loan for one car and quickly skip to another and then have two loans to deal with. I'm driving my LS til I can't no more, then it's time for new car. Gotta think logically and not on rationality :p

HandlerCA3YYW94.jpg

drove one, loved it, nice cars. Depreciation would not mean a thing to me as I would hang onto it for good bit, especially with the things that could be done.

You're a baller that makes 5gs a month, you can afford it.

Was making 5k a month. Now it's gone down to 4k due to the economy but you have to factor in my bills, savings, and other expenses that come into play. I am considering one though, just not as of yet.......Making sure I put more thought into my next vehicle and do the best and most research since the LS was a spur of the moment purchase

^ blah, blah, blah.

I drove Robs (ILLS) G8 down the 8th. Pretty nice. While I only drove it around to the staging lines and ran a 1/8th with it, interior felt nice, she felt supper solid and tight, strong too. Ran a high 8, not stock but just a few tricks. High winds had them only allowing 1/8th passses. high 13s easy and the potential to get real fast quick is there. The 1/8th I ran I could tell it was far from trying hard, seemed like it was just strolling through the gears. Felt mean non the less.

Members online

No members online now.
Back