Anyone Have To Fix There Heated Seats?

ntec

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 lincoln ls and the drivers heated seat doesn't work .I have heard this is a common problem with these cars. I wonder how much it will be to fix it?

2k 5sp ls6 ....... :steering

ntec said:
I have a 2000 lincoln ls and the drivers heated seat doesn't work .I have heard this is a common problem with these cars. I wonder how much it will be to fix it?

2k 5sp ls6 ....... :steering

I can't see the heating elelment being bad in a newer car like that. Have you checked all the relays and fuses involved with wiring?

Jibit said:
I can't see the heating elelment being bad in a newer car like that. Have you checked all the relays and fuses involved with wiring?

Yeh I checked the fuses the relays if there is any maybe not I'll look over it again.

2k ls6 5peed... :steering

It is a coomon problem on the 2000 model

ntec said:
Yeh I checked the fuses the relays if there is any maybe not I'll look over it again.

2k ls6 5peed... :steering

It is a common problem on the 2000 model.

pragmatic said:
So what's the fix. The seats in my 2000 still work fine but I'd like to be prepared.

My driver side HS just died also, 40 miles after my warranty was over!!

2001 v8 sport

most times it was the wiring - since the seat moves back and forth all the time.... check the wiring.

it is also the common issue for the airbag light to comeon.

pragmatic said:
So what's the fix. The seats in my 2000 still work fine but I'd like to be prepared.

The "fix" is to replace the heat element that is burried in the seat. The seat-back and seat-bottom elements are wired in series, so all it takes is one break to kill the operation. I've heard that the root of the problem is where the wiring connects to the element itself, which is up in the seat, requiring removal of the upholstery to repair / replace. I was hoping to tear into (...... er, "disassemble") my driver's side seat sometime this summer to attempt a repair. Hopefully it won't require complete removal of the upholstry.

You can buy the elements from Ford. They aint' cheap! You may be able to find the same thing aftermarket a lot cheaper. If you're not comfortable removing the leatherette's, take it to an upholstery shop and have them do it for you.

This problem is somewhat common in the 00-02 models. My understanding is that repeated sittings in the seat cause the wiring to the internal heating element to break. The only fix is to take the seat out, remove the coverings, and replace the element.

The element is probably $300-500, and the labor is about the same. Total, you're looking at $600-$1000 to fix I'd guess.

BTW, is your car an automatic 5 speed, or a manual 5-speed?

Bringing this thread back because...

I have a similar problem with my passanger seat heating element. My driver's side works fine and when I press the button on the console, it turns on a green light. But my passenger one turns on orange (?) and does not heat.

Anybody have a similar issue to this? I dont know if the orange means anything but I don't want to tear the seat apart without asking you guys first.

And not to bombard you guys, what is this part that is hanging off the passenger bottom? I felt the driver seat bottom and felt one there too, so I'm not sure if a clip just broke. Is it necessary to clip it back under the seat?
The part says Bosch but so far I havent been able to find what it is.
(sorry for pix, camera phone is all I had during my lunch.)

Bosch1.jpg

Bosch2.jpg

Bosch3.jpg

The relay in the pic is the Seat heater control module p/n XW4Z-14C724-AA and has a list price of $103.57 and LVC cost of $77.68. The elements are YW4Z-14D696-BA for the back and YW4Z-14D696-AA for the cushion and have the same list price of $43.72 and LVC cost of $32.79 each. All are available through Ford at this time. The elements are buried in the seats but pretty much accessable, so I am told.
Max

I have a similar problem with my passanger seat heating element. My driver's side works fine and when I press the button on the console, it turns on a green light. But my passenger one turns on orange (?) and does not heat.

Its the same thing in my car and i was always curious about it. One lights up orange, one lights up green. But both of them still work so I havent had any reason to complain.

Thanks for everyones input.

So the relay can just stay as is or should I make an effort and clip it back on the bottom of the seat?

Still wish I could figure out what the orange light means?

Members online

Back