Anyone have problems going to synthetic

MrScalia

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I rember reading about this hear but dont thing I saw a answer.

Will I have any leaks if I do so the car has 115,000 on it and the guy who owned it since 93 used Quaker State .

I just want to make it ezer on me since my 94 mark is on Mobile one ,

I use a synthetic blend.... only oil problem I've had is a busted oil pan which was pretty expensive, but didn't have anything to do with the kind of oil I put in

If you have a small leak Syn will probably leak a little quicker. Basically Syn works great & anything that needs fixing will still need fixing. I have 236,000 miles on this 95 & the slight valve cover leak did not change when I switched from organic to Syn. Starts easier, with less drag on the engine. Buy a brand name, I wouldn't trust the wannabees. Go Smooth, Ed :cool:

If you have a small leak Syn will probably leak a little quicker. Basically Syn works great & anything that needs fixing will still need fixing. I have 236,000 miles on this 95 & the slight valve cover leak did not change when I switched from organic to Syn. Starts easier, with less drag on the engine. Buy a brand name, I wouldn't trust the wannabees. Go Smooth, Ed :cool:

mobil 1 since new, it leaks in -13 degree weather other then that no problems

I put Mobil 1 in mine when I picked it up in July of 04 with 86k. That's all it's ever seen now that it's got 96k on it. As long as your oil pan isn't rotted like mine was, you should be fine.

use mobil 1 synthetic.... bought it at 22k and the old guy took it into the dealer (motorcraft- i presume) now at 88k not a single problem...

Members online

No members online now.
Back