Anyone had luck with Accel Super Coil-on-Plugs ?

bhickmott

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace all the Coil-on-Plug units on my Gen2. From a price perspective the Granatelli units are at the top of the range with MSD in the middle and Accel at the low point. (interesting to note that the Granatelli units are cheaper than OEM)

Has anyone tried the Accel units ?

I had granatellis in mine it made my car run like crap and they kept going bad they had to keep sending me new ones and they sent me the wrong ones one of the times

how much are the Granatelli units?? Oem cost you 42.98 as a gold member or 46.57 as a reg member.
max

My local dealer gave me a price of $56.95 for OEM. I should have remembered to always check with Max first !

Granatelli's are around $50 each.
MSD's are around $40 each.
Accel's are around $30 each.

OEM coils will last 4-5 times longer than the accel coils...due to the bridged nature the aftermarket run their coils in.

they run aftermarket the coils in "cold start" mode all the time which quickly wears them out.

coils have two modes
normal output
bridged

in bridged the output is increased by a substantial amount.

usually the coils are only in bridged mode for "start up".

The nitwit aftermarket engineers wire them up to where they are bridged all the time, thus increasing the output for "no apparent or benifitial reason", thus wearing them out quickly.

Once you start a flame front, having a "hotter or multiple" spark is meaningless..
PURE HYPE!

Members online

No members online now.
Back