Anyone experienced this..started after tune-up... help? PCM?

Linc615

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ill keep as brief as possible.. Bought a tune-up kit online, assured me the parts were motorcraft all except the Coils... Install all in one day, plugs, coils, fuel filter, air filters, etc.. Car is 2002, so the fuel line broke I may have manhandled it and it slightly dry rotted.. anyhow after this fuel filter was put on and I fixed the line, car takes a while to crank, its clearly flooding, as well as I have replaced the fuel lines on the engine side of the filter 5 times in less than 2 months, im buying very high pressure lines they are serrating and I don't know why. Random misfires with engine, significantly slower..

**Back up before the tune-up**- 0-100 about 15 seconds >
After the tune up 0-100 is about 19+ seconds always running shell premium.

also at the same time my brand new battery died, had it tested and it was no good, replaced it again, erratic alternator readings sometimes.. it has killed another battery, so the last 2 weeks Ive been driving with a jump box on the battery at all times, the alternator is charging the jump box so it seems, im not doing it, and it keeps car running as if no issue is there, if it pops loose I lose all power lights and car dies- reconnect and all systems go. Currently no check engine light, but I do randomly get too rich coming from torque pro which is for sure the surplus of fuel from it flooding, u smell gas strongly when started. I have since replaced fuel filter again and it looked nothing like the other "motorcraft" I was guaranteed. Now I have about 2 feet of steel hosing tucked inside the wheel well that was the only way to keep it from blowing or serrating the high pressure lines. What is goin on here? Car has never been wrecked, about 150K miles, only use motorcraft or at least thats what I buy I don't know if its counterfiet or not..

Also it started running hot all about this same time, no fluid leaking, but it doesn't happen all the time just some times, its a gamble when I will or not..

I do have an Android touch screen added, its got in-car WiFi via OBDii port, Ive upgraded the lights with OEM HIDs, ive installed 3 cameras (front, rear, dash) and upgraded the speakers with like OEM replacements tho none of these caused an issue, it was all after the tune-up. Any help I would really appreciate it bc ive since purchased motorcraft coils which typically about $630 and verified with dealer all seems to be legit with them but ive yet to install. Car gets used a lot, has made about 6-1000 mile round trips in last couple months. It was strong as an Oxen but since the tune-up its failing miserably. Thanks in advance any input. I have FORScan as well and nothing unusual on the readings.

2002 Lincoln LS V8 Sport Premium

Members online

No members online now.
Back