anyone ever had there ls stolen

wow thats alot of broken glass... nice on the yardsale recovery, wonder the face the guy made when the cops showed up...

I had a 1987 K5 Blazer stolen. The little basterds went out and offroaded it, trashed it pretty bad. It was found in a field with a hole in the oilpan and in the side of the block. The insurance company put it back together for me. Funny thing about it, it was stolen on one night when I parked my truck in the garage and left it outside. Normally it was the other way around but I needed to do some work to my truck. After it was put together the K5 worked perfectly for everyone else, but when I drove it the danged thing would stall out and die on me at inopportune areas, like crossing a road or something. Out on the highway it would start sputtering and lose all power. When it did this it would strand me for about a half hour. The real pisser is it happened one day when the wife and I were out. Had her slide over to start it while I was under the hood, and it cranked over perfectly and I'd never seen an engine idle so smoothly before. The next few times it stalled when she was with me, we'd swap seats and it fixed the problem. I think it blamed me for parking it out that night, and it never would run right for me again. We wound up trading it off.

The only other theft I've been involved in was when my mother's truck was stolen from the same house. The pisser there was the cops caught the thieves redhanded but refused to arrest them. They let them go.

I sold the house shortly after this and have had no further problems with vehicle theft.

I have had my house broken into before. There are few things in this world that piss me off like a thief does. They should all be shot. It makes you think before you leave or do anything. I always lock everything now, I don't care where I am. Sound, I hope everything is ok with your LS and that the bastards who did this get what's coming to them!

Members online

No members online now.
Back