Anyone ever driven with the front bumper off?

Kumba

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Mine needs some work. It's been dragged along too many driveways and caught one too many parking lot bumpers that it needs to come off.

Since I don't exactly want to buy a bumper while I replace what's broken and repaint mine, has anyone ever had any issues driving around without a front bumper?

Granted, it's not the most classiest look ever, but it beats renting or buying a bumper just to put on the car. Plus I have an '06 so the fog's wouldn't fit anyways.

hmmm,

would probably need to remove ALL plastics underneath and wheel wells.

as longs as you stay outta your mid day rain... should be ok

Just to be clear here...

Are you really talking about taking the whole bumper off, or just the bumper cover?

If you are just talking about the cover, then I don't see any safety or legal issues. Your mileage might decrease by one percent or less, but it otherwise shouldn't be a problem.

If you are really talking about the actual bumper, then you should probably check into the laws of your state about that. Around here, I assume that they don't care (based on some of what I see driving around).

Yeah, just the cover, valence, fogs, and fog light brackets. You know, the stuff that takes a beating because the driveway is too steep. The actual metal bumper and all that would stay on.

I know I need a new valence as it's gotten ripped from from getting caught on parking lot stops/curbs, and teh bumper cover got some good scars to go with it.

maybe a good fab guy could make you a skid plate/ valance out of metal.

maybe a good fab guy could make you a skid plate/ valance out of metal.

I thought about that, but Hite says he only does heat shields, degas bottles, and the oil pan gaskets (sometimes). If the skid plate was made out of metal, that means it would be ripping apart my '06 bumper instead when it hung on something. I'd rather replace the skid plate instead. :)

took the cap of the mustang! It smoked for awhile... but that was just excess coolant... (too much from the factory i'd bet)

Honestly, we should start a new thread for you "What did G do to his Mustang or Kart today?"

Face it, you're not going anywhere ... and we want to know!

Honestly, we should start a new thread for you "What did G do to his Mustang or Kart today?"

if it were me, first phone call. Hellion.

then I'm done...

...well until that and the car is paid off! lol

LMAO

too funny

We'll I'll update both soon!!! go kart's looking pretty bad ass!!!

Members online

Back