Anyone ever cleaned and oiled their AC blower?

turn_on68

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever cleaned and oiled their AC blower? I want to clean the armature and oil the motor bearings hoping to get a little more speed out of the blower. Is this a waste of time?

I tried to limp along the one in my Grand Marquis, it was drawing a huge load and causing blower speed controller issues. The bearing are sealed type, and not sure what part of the armature your talking about cleaning up, the commutator that the brushes rub on? In the end nothing I did helped, but neither did buying a cheap blower motor, it is pretty noisy (but doesn't knock out the speed controllers any longer).

Yes the commutator,it has a lot of black stuff on it. I have some electrical tuner spray cleaner I was going to spray in / on it. With it out of the car I could use Q tips to wipe the commutator as it is sprayed and turned. I wouldn't want it to be running because it would probably catch fire from the active cleaner until it evaporates. But am I wasting my time to even clean the Armature Shaft? I did this a lot with my Lionel train motors. Used a toothpick to clean out the small gaps in the armature, pencil eraser to polish the commutator. Drop of 3 in 1 oil where the armature Shaft end went.

Lionel trains are alot like Blowers........

.........they go in circles, they carry a load, in a car and make alot of noise;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back