anybody got a better attachment for the front plastic splash pan

swdobbs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2001 LS I just purchased and apparently cruising 100mph+ (hey its wide open here on the Montanabahn) is all the lower splash pan could handle. It let loose and folded up like an old lawn chair. The leading lower edge of the bumper has had some parking block rash which left the tabs "thin" and the screws just pulled out. Anyway I fixed it enough to get back to the shop but its anything but permanent. I'm thinking of using the sheet metal break at the shop to make some wide tabs that extend forward above and rest on the top side of the lower edge of the bumper cover below the lower grill. I can weld some small nuts to the top of the tabs and sandwich the splash guard and that lower edge together. Its either that or order another bumper cover and have it painted $$$$.

s.

I wouldn't count on that holding up for long if you plan to drive 100 mph all the time. See if you can get a sheet of galvanized sheet metal and cut it out to fit. But make sure it gets attached to metal, not the plastic bumper.

I used 3/16" (hole) fender washers for mine, under each screw, to counteract the curb rash from the car's previous drivers. Stainless steel washers, these fender washers are probably 1.5" in diameter. The speed nuts the bolts attach to seem to make a tight-fitting grip to sandwich the bottom cover with. I've done some 110 mph runs with no ill effects, but nothing sustained for more than a half mile or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back