Any tried Mr Clean N0-Dry car wash yet??

tedevans

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used or tried the Mr Clean no dry car wash? I don't want to invest $15 to $20 bucks in something that does not work.. It sounds to good to be true? I have a black CTS and spend a lot of time with the chamois.. Any one recommed it?

Ted
04 CTS :C

My kids tried it on their cars and said it sucked. Streaked on both cars.

I've used it all summer in 90 degree+ weather and it's worked very well. If someones getting streaks they probably aren't rinsing properly.

I have used it all summer and the ONLY time it left streaks is when I tried using it more than it was recommended. It works almost as prescribed......does not do that great of a job on the windows, but other than that it works as advertised.

If you try to use it, use it other than what is recommended, or try using you own soap in it, it works 95%.....IMHO.......as advertised. I have never had a real problem with it, except otherwise noted in the above paragraph. Like mach8 said, if you got streaks, you must have done something wrong.

You gotta use the filter to get rid of the hard water. If you don't then it won't work. If you do use it, then it will work well.

tedevans said:
Has anyone used or tried the Mr Clean no dry car wash? I don't want to invest $15 to $20 bucks in something that does not work.. It sounds to good to be true? I have a black CTS and spend a lot of time with the chamois.. Any one recommed it?

Ted
04 CTS :C

I got one and it sucks! I am a profectionist and it still leaves a film on the glass and some of the paint. If you are lazy and really don't care as long as your car is clean then get one. I like my car to look like it just came off of the show room floor. Steve.

If you use it as directed its fine for a quick wash.I use it when i'm in a hurry;otherwise its the old fashioned and best way!!

i have a well and it helped a little, the problem it that you have to bye a new filter every fing time you wamt to wash you car. so it sucks.

I used this for the first time today, and while a good hand wash is still king, this is great for a quick wash as it saves a lot of time. It did leave a few streaks as others have mentioned, but overall not bad.

If I have time, I still prefer my old methods.. tried and true.

I can't help but wonder if using just the filter-rinse after a regular wash would end in good results. The one part of washing my car I hate most is drying..

it is so bad the onely way I got it to work is to use the hole filter anfer one wash and then hand dry the filtered water Idea is about 50-60 years old My gradpa used to sell them dodr to door, then made by jonson and jonson I think. it was BS then and is BS now. there sope is bad, and the filters are expensive. also If you have a well don't bother, it will do nothing. if you have a black car then you will see the BS all over it.

Chamosis? people still use that? :)

Everybody repeat with me... Microfiber.... Microfiber

In the shop i use 4 16x16 microfiber towels and can dry a full car in less then 4 minutes.

Wouldnt use anything but!

If you are having problems with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry, then you are using it wrong. I use all the time and have NEVER had a streaking problem EVER. The ONLY place it does not work great on is the windows, but other than that I have never had a streak anywhere. I do not even get streaks on the wheels that are on my dad's Chevelle, and they are billet.....and ANYONE who has/had billet wheels knows how difficult they can be with water spots.

Basically, if you are having problems with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry, then maybe (most likely) it is the operator, NOT the unit itself.
:Beer :N

I tryed it on my x-girlfriends car (2004} metallic black no was. It worked great. Then I tryed it on my Mark twice "waxed with meguiars Tech Wax"
and most of the water sat there and did not dissipate . Sucks :q :q

1wykdmk8 said:
If you are having problems with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry, then you are using it wrong. I use all the time and have NEVER had a streaking problem EVER. The ONLY place it does not work great on is the windows, but other than that I have never had a streak anywhere. I do not even get streaks on the wheels that are on my dad's Chevelle, and they are billet.....and ANYONE who has/had billet wheels knows how difficult they can be with water spots.

Basically, if you are having problems with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry, then maybe (most likely) it is the operator, NOT the unit itself.
:Beer :N

Hey ray.... Not everyone is like you... We know why nothing works in your hands. :joke

I thought that it was good for a quick wash. And it actually does a decent job on the glass IF AND ONLY IF the filter is fresh. That is the key to success with this product. Soap usage is more than they say and I always felt that there wasn't enough water and soap on the car to float the dirt off. Definately NOT for a really dirty car. I still prefer the old bucket method for the best wash results. Just get to the drying quick. I like to use a water blade before I hit it with the Absorber. By spending a little extra time with the blade, I usually don't have any streaks or spots on the glass. And if you do have to clean the glass, use Stoner "Invisible Glass". It is hands-down the BEST!

YEAR OLD BUMP...I know.

I have a black Mark VIII and I live in Florida. This product is great in the summer. When you need to clean the car quick and don't have the time to do a real detailed dry. Even under the blazing Florida sun, if you use the rinse cycle correctly you'll get a virtually spot free finish after it dries.

It's important to make sure you flush out all the little spots that trap water too- like inside the mirrors.

I still quickly wash the car the conventional way, but use the rinse/filtered water instead of drying it between waxes.

I tried it on my black 95LTC and it streaked, I had to hose it off and dry it! Could be because the water out here is very hard?

It all comes down to hard water, If your water isn't full of minerals it probably won't streak that bad anyway. However, almost all water streaks, but the filter with this seriously reduceing it and allows you more drying time. You might see it on darker paint but that likely it.

You really should just soak it up with 100% terry cloth towels or REAL microfiber.

Microfiber, this! I am old school and I will chamois 'til the day I die! There's nothing like the dried skin off a dead animal to draw the dirt and moisture off of a $45,000 car! ;-)

My wife just bought me one for my birthday (Hmmm, should I buy her a mop for hers..???!!!) so I was obliged to give it a try. Worked well, but I used the whole bottle of soap washing.... Dried streak and spot free. I will try using two people next time, her to soap and rinse while I use the wash mitt and see if that makes a difference. after that I will try Meguiers gold class soap and just the filtered water to rinse....

But following the directions DID give me a streak AND spot free wash.

Members online

Back