Any Tips or Tricks for Removing 2001 Continental Front Door Panel

2001LincCont

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the RH mirror. I've removed the 5 screws from the panel, but the clips seem to be welded on. I've managed to pop one clip on the bottom middle, but the rest seem to be strong and tight. I've tried a putty knife and plastic trim tools, but archived messages on this forum indicate that pulling with the hands works. Are there any tricks or should I go lift weights? I don't think the panel has been removed in 20 years.

I want to replace the RH mirror. I've removed the 5 screws from the panel, but the clips seem to be welded on. I've managed to pop one clip on the bottom middle, but the rest seem to be strong and tight. I've tried a putty knife and plastic trim tools, but archived messages on this forum indicate that pulling with the hands works. Are there any tricks or should I go lift weights? I don't think the panel has been removed in 20 years.
I got it off. I think the trick is to push on the door frame with one hand and pull on the panel with the other. I also looked at a removed panel on EBay to see where the clips are. Start on the bottom and go up the sides to the top. Wearing gloves helps, too.

I got it off. I think the trick is to push on the door frame with one hand and pull on the panel with the other. I also looked at a removed panel on EBay to see where the clips are. Start on the bottom and go up the sides to the top. Wearing gloves helps, too.
I'm attaching a picture of the passenger door panel. The alignment pins are the green arrows, the clips are red, and the screws are blue.

Door Panel (2).png

Last edited:

Members online

Back