Any one now where i can get some Auto Dimming side vews

B

bigdog1279

Hi i have a 95 lincoln continental
im trying to find somwhere that i can have some custome auto dimming side vew merrors made i hat the night driving with drivers and there stupid brights on

bigdog1279 said:
Hi i have a 95 lincoln continental
im trying to find somwhere that i can have some custome auto dimming side vew merrors made i hat the night driving with drivers and there stupid brights on

Do you have the auto-dimming rearview mirror ?
I was under the impression that all Lincolns with auto-dimming rearview mirrors also had auto-dimming sideview mirrors..

Am I FOS, or what ??

naw that like the only option that this jerk that owned the car befor me didn,t by idon,t get it he got everything spend like 46,000 on the can and wanted to save a few hundred more by not getting the mirror lol

If you look at the "Google Ads" that are automatically generated above and below this thread, Auto Dimming Mirrors are included in those links...
Maybe there's something in there that can be of use to you.

Other than that, I'm thinking that IF the factory didn't install the dimming mirrors, the wiring isn't there either. Ford dosn't like to waste wires.
What that would mean is, you'd have to create your own wiring concoction to get the mirrors to react to bright lights. I believe the sensor for all the mirrors is in the rearview mirror.

Also, getting something color matched to your Conti's mirror housings might be tricky too.

Like you mentioned in your OP, an aftermarket setup may be your best option.

Anyone else here with comments ???
I hate leaving 1/2 A55 replies...

:slam

The drivers mirror on my 98 towncar has a yellowish tint to it but I was told that it only is used as one of the sensors that effect rear view tint. The side view itself doesn't seem to change at all.

purelux said:
The drivers mirror on my 98 towncar has a yellowish tint to it but I was told that it only is used as one of the sensors that effect rear view tint. The side view itself doesn't seem to change at all.
naa it does darken but the gold is a unique color all to itself.i actually like it alot.

Both of my conti and town car have auto-dimming rearview mirror but my Mark VIII doesn't. Did mark had the auto on it's side mirrors too

Members online

Back