Any Navigator lovers out there?

They're nice, but I honestly like the styling of the Navigator better. And not just because I'm a Lincoln guy. :)

I love the interior of the Navi. Now that is beautiful. Escalade is still an overgrown tahoe.

I would love a navigator but its just not affordable for me to own and be able to do anything to it none the less if something went wrong. Since I already have 1 98 towncar and have put a good amount into it I would want at least an 01 and also have gotton used to the extra drivability of having a performacne tune. I have driven by the cadillac dealer in my town and it looks like the set of a nelly video or something. While people obviously do put that stuff on their cars sometimes. I think there crazy in this area since we are in the snow belt and the rims would be wrecked besides the fact that the tires make the awd and 4wd on those trucks necessary when 2wd would have easily surficed with normal tires. Also it looks hilarious to see the devills sevills etc.. then this escalade with huge 20 or larger chrome low profile tires blingin. Plus then the same owner is going to then need a set of rims/tires for winter and the large rims don't make the braking any better either. I think the nav looks alot classier and can't wait to get one someday.

to early for love

Lincolnman said:
I haven't heard anything from Navi owners and lovers. Whats up? :sleep:

Maybe I just off to a bad start with my 2004 ultimate. Within the first 3 weeks the drivers seat would no longer adjust, back window would not lock and the dealer wrecked the car. Out of 21 days the car was in service 9 of those days. That first payment was especially hard to make. I am still debating going after them in court for the nav device. The navigation device in a 2004 is a 2003 model. That is because the 2004 model does not come out till Sept 2004. It would not be an issue except the new freeway by our house which we use to depart and return home is not recognized by the nav device. I feel the dealer or ford should make the 2004 upgrade available free of charge to customers who purchased a 2004 car. The window sticker on the car says 2004. My wife wanted to buy a VW toureg. I talked her out of it because of all the customer complaints on the internet. So far my decision has back fired on me.

Luv 04 Navi

Hi everyone,

Not too long ago i purchased an Navi 04 w/ chrome front grill w/ Black Monotone. I love the Navi over the Escalade. Therefore, i pick Navi. I didn't like the interior of the Escalade, like other says " Escalade is an OverGrown Tahoe". I Love the interior + the exterior of the Navi. W/ airbag suspension, it's will lower the car about 1-2 inch when your engine turn off. The drive is smooth and damn !!!!!!!!
I trade in my 02 Lexus RX300 for a REAL American SUV and I love it.

I will post some pix up here when i get a chance to.....
PEACE ........ :nos: :feedback:

By the ways, Happy 2nd Birthday to my Little Guy :HB

:ricesmile

The Navigator is nice and all but I couldn't justify the price difference between that and an Expedition. I also couldn't justify the spread between an XLT and Eddie Bauer, hence my fully loaded (leather,etc.) XLT tinted and rammed. Next up is to drop it and throw on some dubs.

Expedition 041004.JPG

Last edited:
bombero said:
Maybe I just off to a bad start with my 2004 ultimate. Within the first 3 weeks the drivers seat would no longer adjust, back window would not lock and the dealer wrecked the car. Out of 21 days the car was in service 9 of those days. That first payment was especially hard to make. I am still debating going after them in court for the nav device. The navigation device in a 2004 is a 2003 model. That is because the 2004 model does not come out till Sept 2004. It would not be an issue except the new freeway by our house which we use to depart and return home is not recognized by the nav device. I feel the dealer or ford should make the 2004 upgrade available free of charge to customers who purchased a 2004 car. The window sticker on the car says 2004. My wife wanted to buy a VW toureg. I talked her out of it because of all the customer complaints on the internet. So far my decision has back fired on me.

Our seat is also being fixed as we speak, along with the power adjustable pedal motor (drops grease on the carpet) and the squeaky rear exterior door cladding. Despite this we still love it. Oh yeah it is a '04 Black monotone ultimate with the grey interior.

Hi All - This my first time here.

Just picked up a New FULLY Loaded 2004 Navigator. Only have a thousand miles on it. So far...So Good. I really like it.

Only problem that I'm having is with the voice recognition system. It understands a few of the commands all the time, some commands some of time, and some of the commands NEVER. Dealership can't figure it out.

You Betcha I Enjoy My Gator

:GotPics:
Lincolnman said:
I haven't heard anything from Navi owners and lovers. Whats up? :sleep:
WE PICKED UP OUR 2000 NAVIGATOR IN IN MAY 2004. WE HAD A F150 P/U AND A MAXIMA THAT WE TRADED IN. WE WANTED SOMETHING THAT RODE ,DROVE,TOWED WELL W/4WD. WE TESTED SEVERAL INCLUDING EXPLORERS,SUBURBANS,ESCALADES, FOUND THAT GM'S DIDN'T RIDE ANY BETTER THAN THE EXPLORER. WE WERE ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON ANY ONE VEHICLE ABLE TO MEET ALL OUR NEEDS AS WE TRAVEL TO TEXAS AND VIRGINIA FROM TENNESSEE AND NEEDED THE COMFORT IN RIDE. WE HAD BEEN RENTING CADILLACS FOR THE TRAVEL. THE DEALER THE ASKED HIS SALESMAN TO BRING AROUND THE NAVIGATOR, TOLD US TO DRIVE THE SAME ROUTE AS WE HAD WITH THE ESCALADE TO COMPARE. WE DID AND TO OUR AMAZEMENT THE NAVIGATOR RODE MUCH BETTER, IS EASIER TO PARK THAN OUR MAXIMA MORE POWERFUL THAN THE F150 MEETS ALL OUR NEEDS WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH OUR GATOR. WE USE MIDGRADE AROUND TOWN ON TRIPS WE USE HIGH TEST WE GOT 19.4 AVG ON LEVEL TRAVEL THATS AS GOOD AS OUR F150 GOT

RDW said:
Just picked up a New FULLY Loaded 2004 Navigator. Only have a thousand miles on it. So far...So Good. I really like it.

Only problem that I'm having is with the voice recognition system. It understands a few of the commands all the time, some commands some of time, and some of the commands NEVER. Dealership can't figure it out.

Mines the same. Any advise to share getting it fixed.

Marino

Voice recognition

marino said:
Mines the same. Any advise to share getting it fixed.

Marino

Ford has authorized a replacement of the unit. Hasn't been installed yet.

Just keep bitching - they will give in.

146K miles....

and still love it(98),my wife has a lexus lx 470 and she can keep it!! so far just replaced an alternator,pvc hose,and temperature control for driver and front passenger :N

RDW said:
Ford has authorized a replacement of the unit. Hasn't been installed yet.

Just keep bitching - they will give in.

Just had the system changed out. NO CHANGE, it still doesn't work correctly>

We bought our Nav on Jan 31st & have 4k miles on it now.
This is our first Lincoln & we're loving it.
I'm a big boy & I like the roominess & with 3 boys its needed all around.

We did have one problem so far with 2 of the side claddings seeming not to fit properly & being a little waivey but our dealer made us fell like "the man".
They replaced all 4 claddings to keep them matching!
I thought I was just being my anal self, but the svc mgr said they have had a problem with a couple of other Nav's so don't be shy & speak up if you don't like it.

i just found this site.. i am the proud owner of a 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate...so far I love it. My father has the 2005 Escalade and he isn't nearly as happy as I am with my Lincoln. I wish this site had more navigator owners on it.

The Navigators look amazing in and out. I do have to say Lincoln did hell of a job with it .

Gators in UK

Got a 2003 Gator off ebay!! Imported it to the UK which is where its my daily driver. Apart from fuel eating its excellent and other road users move out of your way as it looks mean from the front and scary in their rear view mirror!!
The motor is smooth, quiet and power is just right (still wanna go faster!) On the long journeys the kids watch dvd's in the back and we can listern to cd's or the radio in the front. Mileage is 58000 now and only had a few minor problems - mirror motors play up and I had to replace the air suspension compressor bracket with a Ford modded one as it was pretty noisey. The new bracket has rubber bushes between the bracket and body.
:steering

:L

I have an '02 Navigator and an EB Expedition.

I am looking to replace both.
Gasoline prices are murder!

The 32v Intec is one sweet engine! :bow:

These pics are not that great.

100_9004x.JPG

100_9001x.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back