Any interest in hard copy shop manuals etc anymore?

Jtown

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any value to hard copy Ford manuals? I have a friend that has a Ford dealership and he has repair manuals, EVTM's, trans repair, parts catalogs, service bulletins from the 60's on up.

All Ford stuff.

I know it's Ford but it is a general question if you guys think there is value in this type of stuff. I'd assume some but have no clue. Who keeps their car stock from the 60's? I guess just a few of the lines like Mustang, T-Bird and F100/150?

Yes they have value. Far better than a Chilton's or Haynes. There is alot of lost knowledge there. Specs, torque values, clearances, adjustments, etc, etc.

Car guys that have older vehicles would probably want them. Some of them actually do still do their own rebuilds.

I have odds and ends factory manuals from the 40's to the 2000's sitting on a shelf. Obviously I don't use some... but they are there if needed or wanted.

I'd tell your buddy to put them on eBay for a decent price. Or if you have the time you could do it for a percentage of the sales.

Some people are just into the older stuff... and there are others that will collect anything Ford.

Members online

Back