Any Interest in a Kenwood Nav Unit Very Nice???

Pinknuts

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would see if there would be any interest in my Kenwood DNX 9960 Nav unit I had in the old Lincoln LSX.

I'm going to post some specs I got off Crutchfield to save myself some typing and you some time researching.

I am selling everything that comes with a new one and also including the LS double din dash kit in black. I will even throw in the steering wheels controls which are already programmed from my old LS. Oh and it even comes with the iPod cable that I also had to buy separately. I think that's it. If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate. I just figured I'd put a feeler on here first since I know it will go right in the LS.

Price for everything is $650 OBO

As you can see from the pics it's factory reconditioned. I've had it since February and it's been amazing with no issues and I'm going to miss it, but it just won't work in my new car. My loss is your gain.

Here's some pics

x113DNX9960-f_mt.jpg

2011-10-24221133.jpg

2011-10-24222349.jpg

2011-10-24221216.jpg

2011-10-24221411.jpg

2011-10-24221448.jpg

2011-10-24221856.jpg

2011-10-24221909.jpg

2011-10-24221923.jpg

2011-10-24221936.jpg

2011-10-24222006.jpg

2011-10-24231058.jpg

Our take on the Kenwood Excelon DNX9960
by Ken Nail
Why install a car stereo with built-in GPS?

Imagine taking a trip as your car's receiver gives you directions, finds the best restaurant for dinner, and plays movies for your back seat denizens. Navigation receivers cover all the bases, with GPS guidance, DVD playback, and a host of other useful features. You can search through millions of points of interest to locate gas stations, restaurants, museums, and other interesting spots, wherever you are. Most receivers offer Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling, along with the ability to search through your iPod playlists with touchscreen controls.

The Kenwood Excelon DNX9960 navigation receiver sports a built-in Garmin navigation system that features 3-D views of buildings in many metropolitan areas, along with a VGA screen boasting brightness and detail that's steps ahead of lesser models.

Built-in Garmin navigation
You can expect lightning-fast operation and superior guidance from the receiver's Garmin navigation system, and the built-in NAVTEQ traffic receiver routes you around congestion when you're driving through metropolitan areas. You can tap into millions of points of interest when looking for services and attractions, so you'll have plenty of information at your fingertips, wherever your travels take you.

Music and video options
The USB input and two audio/video inputs give you the connections you need to add other audio sources, game consoles, or thumb drives. Load a CD or DVD with your MP3, WMA, or AAC files, and you'll have a nearly endless supply of fresh driving music. If you add an optional cable, you'll be able to connect your iPod® or iPhone® with convenient control from the touchscreen. You'll find a rear-view camera input for added safety when you're maneuvering in tight spots, and you can use the audio/video output to add video monitors for the rear seats.

Superior sound
Kenwood's 24-bit digital-to-analog converter sends a crisp, clear audio signal to your speakers, and you can use the 5-band EQ and an extensive selection of digital signal processing tools to dial in the right sound for your vehicle. The DNX9960 also includes 5.1-channel decoding and a full set of 5.1 preamp outputs, a feature you'll rarely find on other DVD receivers.

Voice commands
Kenwood's advanced voice command feature lets you control some receiver functions just by speaking, so you can keep your eyes on the road. You can get directions, find a song on your iPod, switch sources, and much more, all without taking your hands off the wheel. An included external microphone ensures your commands are heard loud and clear.

Bluetooth for convenience and safety
Parrot, a leader in Bluetooth technology, has teamed up with Kenwood to bring you hands-free calling in the DNX9960. When a call comes in to your compatible phone, your music mutes and caller ID info shows up on the screen. With a tap of your finger, you'll hear your caller over your vehicle's speakers. You'll talk through the included visor-mount microphone, as you keep your attention on your driving. And as an added bonus, you can stream music from any compatible Bluetooth device.

Add on and enjoy
Add a Kenwood satellite radio tuner to tap into the huge variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music from SIRIUS|XM. With Kenwood's optional HD Radio™ tuner, you'll get the enhanced digital sound quality and additional programming offered by participating AM and FM stations.

Note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.

Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Get more info on this product
Highlights:

General features:
in-dash DVD/CD player with internal amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
6.95" touchscreen with highly legible VGA display and three selectable GUI
built-in NAVTEQ Traffic
voice control
built-in Bluetooth by Parrot
fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
built-in memory for navigation with maps of Canada, USA, and Puerto Rico
advanced AVN5 chipset for fast GPS processing
Audio/visual features:
built-in 5.1 channel decoding
plays DVD, DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW, CD, CD-R/RW, and MP3/WMA/AAC files on disc
plays JPEGs on CD, DVD, or USB
13-band EQ and digital signal processing
Expandability:
works with Kenwood iPod adapter, HD Radio™ tuner, and satellite radio
inputs: USB input, 2 A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
outputs: A/V output; 5.1-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, center, and mono subwoofer)
Other information:
compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)

Do you or anybody else have any idea on if the wiring kit for the steering wheel controls will work for a genII?

Do you or anybody else have any idea on if the wiring kit for the steering wheel controls will work for a genII?

The SWC is universal, so yes it will work on your car. I'm not 100% if the settings saved in the box from my car will transfer right over to you gen 2 but I know it can be programmed if not.

I also forgot to mention it already comes with the LS wiring connector kit installed. My car had the Bose, so that connector is also wired in so that factory amp works. This would literally be a plug and play for the LS as it sits. I literally just pulled it out of the LS and put it back in the box. NO wire cutting necessary.

if you have an early 03, then it should plug right in, however if your LS is newer than a mid 03 then it would use a different wire harness, but the wiring is pretty much the same.

What what I read there is significant lag in the user interface on this unit. Has there been any firmwire updates to combat any of that? A couple of the videos I saw make it look laggy whenever you press anything

I did an update after I purchased it in the spring but haven't checked to see if there are any newer versions. The lag is mainly on the main menu and is worse dependant on what theme you have. The nav and video controls are not laggy at all. Its mainly the main screen and that's just how these Kenwoods are. I am use to it and does not bother me at all.

How's the screen on this unit. Most fac refurbished I've seen have scratches. Looking for a dbl din for a while

You'll like it, I love my DDX 7019, I just need to figure out how to use an MP3 with it now.....

cnv0878nl0.jpg

cnv0876bq1.jpg

cnv0877ix3.jpg

I have the exact same thing on my dash. Not sure what the material is but its kept my dash in mint condition.

What the fock Is on your dash? Looks like carpet

And if it is what then? take it up with the dash police. and I thought this thread was about Kenwood Double DIN units...

I have the exact same thing on my dash. Not sure what the material is but its kept my dash in mint condition.

Exactly. The dash in my son's car went way south and got seriously gross before it was even 5 yrs old, that was a serious job to put right. Dashmats are dead easy and work.

Members online

Back