Any idea what part numbers I need to fix my windshield moldings?

What about Tasca? I think they offer a VIN# search like FPG.

If FPG and Tasca say the same thing... you might have your answer.

What about the next closest local dealer???

Try cross referencing with Tasca. If their info matches FPG... then you have a 90% chance if the info being correct.

Then again ... when both FPG and Tasca couldn't verify fitment of a part for me... the parts manager guaranteed fitment... or a full refund... and that was for a solenoid pack for an E4OD tranny... when the online stores said it was for a 4R100. Turns out its the same solenoid pack.

And if Tasca, FPG, AND your local dealer say the same thing... then your chances go up to 95%.

Do you really need to get new trim... or could the pieces be removed... and the clips straightened to make it fit tighter???

If so... it would probably be best to find a reputable body shop in your area... and have them re-install the trim.

And if Tasca, FPG, AND your local dealer say the same thing... then your chances go up to 95%.

Do you really need to get new trim... or could the pieces be removed... and the clips straightened to make it fit tighter???

If so... it would probably be best to find a reputable body shop in your area... and have them re-install the trim.

Yes, I really need replacement trim as the windshield place broke the old ones. And obviously need it cause one of the rubber pieces is pretty much gone. And I can find the drivers side for my car 1W4Z-5403137-AAA - Ford Parts Giant Just no luck on finding the passengers side new.

Does FPG SHOW a part # for the passenger side???

If so... then I guess you will have to call or go to a dealer somewhere in the continental U.S.

I had replaced the China glass this year with the oem Pilkington which was the oem Lincoln glass. The China glass wasn't cut right and the water wiped wasn't completely removed. So Joe Myers Ford replaced it for five hundred with NO issues. First time right.

I had replaced the China glass this year with the oem Pilkington which was the oem Lincoln glass. The China glass wasn't cut right and the water wiped wasn't completely removed. So Joe Myers Ford replaced it for five hundred with NO issues. First time right.
Pilkington is the best for replacement glass for sure! I am glad I have full coverage insurance for the glass to be covered. I am going to have this one replaced as well because just had a rock fly up and hit me last night! But the $50 insurance deductible sure beats $500! I am just gonna have the glass replaced at the ford place so I know it's installed correctly in the end. But I am going to have it done once these trim pieces come in. I was going to try to make Safelite fix it but since that rock flew up last night I will just let the real pros take care of it.

I gave the gen 2 molding a shot for the passenger's side of the car. I will update when I find out if it works. I could not get any info from FPG where if it could work cause they said they can't help if the other part is discontinued. And also glad I did not listen to the Ford dealer as they tried to say the rubber was not on this molding at all and that it comes with the cowl, thankfully they were wrong as that rubber came with it.

Dale, thanks for sharing your experience with the windshield replacement. I'll stay away from Safelite; I did not know Pilkington was the OEM Factory Windshield. I have to replace my windshield on my 2005 LS; However, I'm thinking to get one from the LKQ Pick a Part (Los Angeles) when a 2004 - 2006 comes in. Anything I need to watch out for besides the moldings? e.g. Antenna connections etc.
This car is driving me crazy with BS stuff like chasing down coolant leaks etc..
Thanks

Dale, thanks for sharing your experience with the windshield replacement. I'll stay away from Safelite; I did not know Pilkington was the OEM Factory Windshield. I have to replace my windshield on my 2005 LS; However, I'm thinking to get one from the LKQ Pick a Part (Los Angeles) when a 2004 - 2006 comes in. Anything I need to watch out for besides the moldings? e.g. Antenna connections etc.
This car is driving me crazy with BS stuff like chasing down coolant leaks etc..
Thanks
I would just buy a new Pilkington and get a warranty there is nothing wrong at all with that brand so why go used? Always replace any other thing with OEM for sure with the exception of a few upgraded jaguar aftermarket parts. For example, using something like the URO parts degas bottle for the coolant system is a safe way to go and has a lifetime warranty from my understanding.

I offer up a few things I have done on my 04 v8. Check the photos over and get back with on what you see.

20200702_015006.jpg

20191224_152236.jpg

20191226_193315.jpg

20200107_172520.jpg

20200114_140610.jpg

20200126_173254.jpg

20200225_200526.jpg

20200325_185749.jpg

20200326_101045.jpg

20200503_090849.jpg

I would just buy a new Pilkington and get a warranty there is nothing wrong at all with that brand so why go used? Always replace any other thing with OEM for sure with the exception of a few upgraded jaguar aftermarket parts. For example, using something like the URO parts degas bottle for the coolant system is a safe way to go and has a lifetime warranty from my understanding.

Thanks I hear you on the cooling parts.. Already replaced the Thermostat Housing and pipe, O-rings, Upper & Lower Radiator Hoses, Degas Bottle (Motorcraft) and connecting hoses...
I have in the trunk and not yet installed the a new OEM / Jaguar Water Pump, DCC Valve and hoses.. I'm thinking to replace the Radiator as well..
Now I'm chasing down a new leak on the lower back passenger side, at least that's where its ending; Previous Pressure Test did not identify it..
Will look at this hose running under the intake manifold; I keep hearing about it leaking..

IMG_20200109_150139507.jpg
Yup... this one here. It doesn't actually run under the intake... but comes off a nipple on the back of the the flange for the goosneck pipe... then does a 180 and goes to the throttle body.

If you changed the o-ring on the bottom of the gooseneck pipe already... you should have seen it.

If you haven't done that yet... then order the hose, o-ring for the goosneck flange, and another o-ring for the top of the gooseneck where it goes into the back of the crossover pipe.

Order a set of intake manifold gaskets too... because the easiest way to change those parts is to pull the intake manifold... unless you have alot of experience working on cars... alot of special tools... and problem solving skills.

Yes thanks! I saw that hose weird looking... It did not look that bad; However, that is now.... But I'm sure if I don't replace it will either leak and/or allow air into the system...

View attachment 828574502 Yup... this one here. It doesn't actually run under the intake... but comes off a nipple on the back of the the flange for the goosneck pipe... then does a 180 and goes to the throttle body.

If you changed the o-ring on the bottom of the gooseneck pipe already... you should have seen it.

If you haven't done that yet... then order the hose, o-ring for the goosneck flange, and another o-ring for the top of the gooseneck where it goes into the back of the crossover pipe.

Order a set of intake manifold gaskets too... because the easiest way to change those parts is to pull the intake manifold... unless you have alot of experience working on cars... alot of special tools... and problem solving skills.

Members online

No members online now.
Back