Any guesses what this exhaust will sound like??

JOHN1242

Active LVC Member
Reaction score

My new Mark viii exhaust will be the stock exhaust manifolds with the converters but in place of the 2 into one converter will be a magnaflow 2 into1 y-pipe with 2" in and 2 1/2 out. then the resonator is absent and just the single straight pipe to the split , then into the 2 magnaflow mufflers and out the stock tips.

I had already eliminated the resonator and added the magnaflows, so really just replacing the converter with a y-pipe.

Right now it's pretty quiet, just a little rumble over stock. Anyone do this similarily to their non-LSC?

JOHN

I'm a fan of loud but mellow toned cars. My 97 thunderbird was setup similar to that when I first had the exhaust done. It was stock manifolds into stock cats into a magnaflow di/do midmounted x-pipe muffler then dual pipe back into stock located magnaflow side in/center out mufflers. I thought it sounded ok but it wad barely louder than stock unless I punched it. Three mufflers turned out too mellow for me so I ditched the rear two and never looked back.

When I put the mark vIII engine in I plan to make a down pipe eliminating the drivers side cat and then running high flow cats at least 1 on each side, a magnaflow "true x" x-pipe into 1 slp loud mouth on each side of the x, midmounted, then straight dual pipes all the rest of the way back. It should sound alright. I'm also considering warlock mufflers with electric cut outs in place of the removeable plates in the rear naturally open and switched closed for times like when I come home late at night to appease the neighbors, sneak into the garage, etc....

I ve want to start from the cat back and go with 2.5 pipe all the way back to the muffler and use the stock muffler. See if it will make for a more throaty stock

my exhaust that i will be installing soon will be two high flow cats 2.5 into a 2.5 magnaflow x muffler two in two out into 2.5 mandrel bent pipes into a 2.5 euro mufflers #163 dual out every thing i listed here with the exception of the pipes is ss i hope that it turns out the way i planned it every thing here i got all ready but fiers gears and high flow pump.

Thanx guys! anybody think it's worth switching the single center pipe to 2 1/2 or naw?

Members online

No members online now.
Back