Any Gen I LSE kits still available?

immusicman

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have exhausted every resource I can think of and cannot find the LSE body kit ANYWHERE. If anyone has any ideas where I can land one, please let me know. I put one on a 2001 once before and loved it. I now have a 2002 I just purchased with 50k miles and would like to do the same to it. thanks.

I had no idea they would be that difficult to find! If anyone has a line on one, please pm me!

I think the biggest differences are the bumpers and side skirts...

Hood and trunk - the same
Grille and Surround - can be painted to look like LSE parts
Rear bumper - I think you could make exhaust cutouts, but you'd still need the lower valance (EDIT - cutouts are in the valance I think)
Front bumper and side skirts - completely different than "regular" LS

Last edited:
I think the biggest differences are the bumpers and side skirts...

Hood and trunk - the same
Grille and Surround - can be painted to look like LSE parts
Rear bumper - I think you could make exhaust cutouts, but you'd still need the lower valance (EDIT - cutouts are in the valance I think)
Front bumper and side skirts - completely different than "regular" LS

That is correct. It is the bumpers and side skirts and or rear valance I am looking for. Kits were for sale here for years and I guess LSKoncepts no longer exists. If anyone comes across the full kit or bumpers please let me know. I need for gen 1.

For the rear you just need the lower valance. I have the valance and skirts in my basement so I know you don't need the bumper. The cut outs are in the valance.

Also like I said your best bet is a salvage yard. Every once in a while you'll see a skirt or two pop up on eBay, once in a blue moon a rear valance will appear, and that front bumper. Good luck finding one of those.

That is correct. It is the bumpers and side skirts and or rear valance I am looking for. Kits were for sale here for years and I guess LSKoncepts no longer exists. If anyone comes across the full kit or bumpers please let me know. I need for gen 1.

The Gen1 LSE front bumper cover exists only in myths and legends. It the rarest of LS parts. You may consider using a 2006 LS front bumper (its the 2nd gen LSE bumper). The gen1 LSE rear valance is just about as hard to find as the 1st gen LSE front bumper. (The cutouts are in the valance, they dont go into the rear bumper). The gen1 LSE side skirts can be found a bit easier. This is probly due to most vehicle accidents being a front or rear impact.

The Gen1 LSE front bumper cover exists only in myths and legends. It the rarest of LS parts. You may consider using a 2006 LS front bumper (its the 2nd gen LSE bumper). The gen1 LSE rear valance is just about as hard to find as the 1st gen LSE front bumper. (The cutouts are in the valance, they dont go into the rear bumper). The gen1 LSE side skirts can be found a bit easier. This is probly due to most vehicle accidents being a front or rear impact.

Would the 2006 front bumper have to modified to fit or is it a direct bolt on?

Would the 2006 front bumper have to modified to fit or is it a direct bolt on?

Direct bolt on except that there will be a gap under the headlights. I have a Gen2 bumper to put on my Gen1 and will be adding to the area where there is the small gap.

As other members have said. Go with the Gen 2 bumper. Gen 1 LSE parts are very very rare unless you find them in a salvage yard.

Direct bolt on except that there will be a gap under the headlights. I have a Gen2 bumper to put on my Gen1 and will be adding to the area where there is the small gap.

isnt there a certain bracket/header you also need or does that just come with the gen2 LSE bumper when you buy it?

You only need the second gen header panel if you swicth to second gen headlights. And no it doesn't come with the bumper. It's sold separately.

Members online

No members online now.
Back