Any Bill Blass Owners?

adrianfward

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So...everyone here seems to have the LSC version...

Does anyone out there own a Bill Blass? Or has anyone driven both a Bill Blass and an LSC that can give me comparisons between the two as far as noticeable differences in ride, performance, etc?

Thanks,
adrian

I have a 1989 Bill Blass. The differences have been mentioned repeatedly.

1) Pillow-Top Seats
2) Digital Gauges
3) Badging
4) Steering Ratio
5) Softer Air-Ride Suspension
6) Additional Side-Chrome
7) Wire Wheels

This is accurate until 90~91, when there became fewer differences between the two.

...I'm actually looking at an 89 Blass.

I searched and found the differences - I was just wondering about functional differences - you know, things that you actually notice while driving the car...handling, etc.

The reason I ask is that there's the Blass is like 20 minutes from my house. There's an LSC available about an hour and a half away, but if there's not really much functional difference between the two, I'll probably just go ahead and go for the Blass without trying the LSC.

thanks,
adrian

I would look at both of them... You never know when you are going to find a deal, you could be missing out on a NICE LSC. Also, LSC parts (like the gauges) are more common to be found in a local boneyard. Im not sure on the production figures, but I know there were a LOT more LSC's made than the Bill Blass. These cars are getting old, so its a good idea to plan on going to the 'yard every once in a while..

Bill Blass

I have an 88 Bill Blass. In addition to above mentioned differences the BB also has aluminumn wire wheels, and the 3.73 rear end. Tractionloc differential was an option.

Gray Mist said:
I have an 88 Bill Blass. In addition to above mentioned differences the BB also has aluminumn wire wheels, and the 3.73 rear end. Tractionloc differential was an option.

3.73 was only an option on the diesel IIRC... Bill Blass came with 3.08's and the LSC came with 3.27's... and they are hubcaps, not wheels

most convincing hubcap I've ever seen!

picture worth a thousand words.

wirewheel2.jpg

wire-wheel1.jpg

Does that mean you agree those are real? I could be wrong.

Still looking for the info I downloaded about the 3.73's

It was not my intension to creat any hard feelings. I just stumbled on to this car last month. I had no idea there was such a strong following. I added to Adrians post in an interest to contribute. Perhaps I made a mistake.

Gray Mist said:
Does that mean you agree those are real? I could be wrong.

Still looking for the info I downloaded about the 3.73's

It was not my intension to creat any hard feelings. I just stumbled on to this car last month. I had no idea there was such a strong following. I added to Adrians post in an interest to contribute. Perhaps I made a mistake.

Yea...It means I agree those pics prove they are wheels. I stand corrected, I thought they were caps for some reason...:confused:

Nah its all good I was being sarcastic trying to bust 'em on ya...:D Bill Blass was a 3.08 rear tho

Must ... reach ... utility ... belt

Hi.
Spoke wire wheels are nice solid aluminum cast wheels with 60 decorative spokes on the front. They also have a center hub cap ti hide the lug nuts.
oldschool3083.sized.jpg

oldschool3084.sized.jpg

oldschool3087.sized.jpg

To see what gear your car shipped with, look at the information sticker in the driver's side door frame. Your axle code is under the "AX". In this case it's "E"
oldschool5016.sized.jpg

Locate your axle code on this chart:
http://www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/tech/axleCodes.pdf
Bill Blasses normaly shipped with 3.08 gears and 15" wheels and got BETTER mileage than LSCs.

For more information, see:
http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/specifications/

(Anybody got a Tylenol?)

Wire hubcaps?! .. . good Lord! .. Black87LSC... lol.
What do you think this is? A Town Car? :p

Unlike the Towns.. .the Mark VII was never sold with a steel wheel/hubcap option. ... thank God!

But I'm sure they'll bolt up if you really want them. ;)

Wow...That's a nice set, John! I didn't know Keystone still offered those. Cool!!
I still have the original set from my '85 BB that I'm fixin to post on ebay. Still nice, no curb rash. Just some slight clear coat wear. It's one hell of a strong, thick aluminum wheel. I wish they made em in a 16" format.

i owned a bill blass once the ride is different and like said b4 softer and the steering is much smoother as well. But the Ex-wife messed the damn car up..

Awesund said:
Wow...That's a nice set, John! I didn't know Keystone still offered those. Cool!!
Thanks.
This was the LAST COMPLETE set that they had. They cost one arm and one leg and I sold them on ebay for one arm and one leg. The set that I bought ~before~ this came directly from Ford and were about $700.00 each. No, that's not a typo. I said $700.00 each. Anybody with access to the Ford database can look up the part number from the picture above. They were for my LSC (mock Roadster) restoration. I took one picture of them on the car and couldn't do it. I put the LSC wheels back on the car and the $2800.00 wheels are now on my $750.00 Mark VII, Oldschool3.

Rant over.

1990 LSC with new paint job and new Roadster Cap and new Roadster wheels.
oldschool1001.sized.jpg

1990 LSC with new paint job and new Roadster Cap and original 90's LSC wheels.
oldschool1032.jpg

OldSchool1 said:
Thanks.
This was the LAST COMPLETE set that they had. They cost one arm and one leg and I sold them on ebay for one arm and one leg. The set that I bought ~before~ this came directly from Ford and were about $700.00 each. No, that's not a typo. I said $700.00 each. Anybody with access to the Ford database can look up the part number from the picture above. They were for my LSC (mock Roadster) restoration. I took one picture of them on the car and couldn't do it. I put the LSC wheels back on the car and the $2800.00 wheels are now on my $750.00 Mark VII, Oldschool3.
Wow!
Yeah, it's incredible how the cars really do accent the accessories created for the type 'from Factory' ... LSC or BB. I have more than $800 in my wheels alone, tires excluded.
Although similar, these are not stock LSC wheels. One thing I really do not like is the latest "Black wheel-look". :sleep: It makes the car look dirty, like the wheels need a deep cleaning from brake dust. Yuck!
Manufacturers don't usually go with this colour for that reason... it just doesn't work with clean car lines. :yuck:

Awesund said:
Wire hubcaps?! .. . good Lord! .. Black87LSC... lol.
What do you think this is? A Town Car? :p

Unlike the Towns.. .the Mark VII was never sold with a steel wheel/hubcap option. ... thank God!

But I'm sure they'll bolt up if you really want them. ;)

I thought I remembered seeing a set of BB hubcaps on ebay before, I stand VERY corrected!!!LOL Now that I see the BB wheels, they look along the same lines as the real wire wheels that Lincoln used on the Town Cars (with the black background and everything).

I'm gunna go retreat with my tail between my legs now...:D

Black87LSC said:
I thought I remembered seeing a set of BB hubcaps on ebay before, I stand VERY corrected!!!
I'm gunna go retreat with my tail between my legs now...:D
You probably did see hub or center caps like these:
oldschool3030.sized.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back