Any And All Lincoln Technicians Please Help

Wicked_LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 LS8 and was told by the dealership where i bought my car from after they programed my new pcm that if i wanted to reprogram any of my old keys such as my valet key that all i needed to do was follow the instructions in my owners manual well guess what i did what it said and now my car is stuck in "no start mode" the ignition wont even turn from the lock position please help me if you can thank you

SrA Dennis Davis
Macdill AFB Fire Protection
USAF

I know you dont want to hear this, but you will need to get it to the dealership, preferablly the one that fix your PCM and have them program the keys.

From experiece, I know you need at least 2 keys that are programmed, before you can add another.

thats what i did i had two keys and my valet i used the two programmed keys from the dealership to try to program the valet key like they said to do then once i did that i tried to crank the car up and they key wouldnt turn at all the radio wont turn on and the windows wont roll down from the buttons.

:huh:

Disconnect the neg battery terminal for 10 minutes and see if the car will start. Then try again.

Jay

I just hooked up the battery and still did not work. i did not think it woud it was disconnected for about an hour and a half

Somehow the keys got erased.... sorry I can not be more help. Everthing I look up for need the Ford Programmer to fix of test. :(

You need to do what I do, everytime I have PCS'd into new location get to the know the Ford Service/Parts people, for times like this. :D

lol thanks mac. what branch were/are you in. also i got to know a couple really well then they left lol

USAF (Presently a Recruiter) almost retired (9 months, whos counting though)

Hey PM with your email and I will email you the diagnostic for the Pats, might help.

thats cool i was thinking about being a recruiter but instead i am getting out to finish my bachelors then go to law school

Went to Lincoln just got back with a fricken Taurus rental they wanted to give me a Sentra i mean seriously a Sentra at Lincoln. but anyways the problem is that the ignition Lock tumblers were messed up and am now waiting for the part to come in to fix it.

it should be done tommorrow but i have an aftermarket warranty so they are waiting on them to aprove it and if it gets approved like it should i have a 100 dollar deductible..

the technician said he had never seen an ignition do what mine did

i have had LS ignitions lock up before. The key wouldn turn at all? I didnt quite understand the orig post. Disconnecting the battery wouldnt have fixed it. Hope it all gets taken care of.

got the car back yesterday and all is good with it now. i have a 12000 mile 12 month warranty on the lock. yeah it really sucked. for some reason i got charged 150.82 i should have onlyh been charged 100. that part sucked but is nice to have the car back

Members online

No members online now.
Back