Antenna amp wire for a 2000 Town Car

Zappo90744

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok....I rewired my entire system in my Cartier but now get very bad radio reception. I know for a fact that the amp for the film antenna is between the rear speakers but I'm not sure which wire powers it up. I really don't listen to the radio much but once in a while I get tired of my CDs or want to listen to talk radio. Anyone know which wire I need to feed power too?

Thanks in advance fellas! :)

Your post lost me.

Well, since I swaped radios from stock to aftermarket I get really bad reception. My car uses the rear window film antenna that is powered by a module. If the module is off, it's like if I didn't have an antenna and get little to no reception. What I'm trying to figure out is what wire clicks the module on.

umm i have a 2000 town car, and i never had that problem... i replaced all door speakers, new head unit, sub, and still get great reception. did you use a wiring kit?

umm i have a 2000 town car, and i never had that problem... i replaced all door speakers, new head unit, sub, and still get great reception. did you use a wiring kit?

Yes, I used a wiring kit and only used the constant (red), accessory (yellow) and ground (black) off of it. Hmmm.....:confused:

maybe you should take a look at the wiring diagram that comes with your wiring harness and connect the rest of the wires to your radio, except (if i understand you correctly) the speaker wires.

Ya. Somethings wrong with your wiring. Did you do it yourself?

maybe you should take a look at the wiring diagram that comes with your wiring harness and connect the rest of the wires to your radio, except (if i understand you correctly) the speaker wires.
Yes, I'll go ahead and recheck the wires that are attached to the harness. Maybe one of them does trigger the antenna on. Even though if I'm not mistaken there are only about 2 or 3 other wires and one of them is the light dimmer and I can't recall the other(s).

Ya. Somethings wrong with your wiring. Did you do it yourself?
Yes, I did it myself (and I'm a certified installer). Hehehe:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back