Another wrecked LS

fatboy501

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, that was fast. Not 2 weeks with the car and Bambi decides to jump right the hell in front of it in the middle of a pretty sharp right turn. Luckily the LS handles as well as it does, and I was able to swerve away when the damned deer appeared in front of me. The car rotated 180 degrees and slid downhill backwards off of the side of the road. Not much damage honestly... trunk dented, bottom of the doors got a little banged up, tires off of the drivers side wheels and a busted tie rod. Busted tails too. Sooooooo happy that I chose to get full coverage on this vehicle. Also very grateful that the car handles as well as it does, as it took a VERY nimble car to not only miss the deer, but land with me in a safe position instead of head on into a tree. Pics in the am.... damn my Lincoln man :(.

Totaled quite likely. Sorry to hear, but glad you're ok.

Chin up, you are in one piece that's what matters most.
Sorry for your luck!

next time ... stay straight, hard brake, horn and/or flash high beams.
seems like a lot but somewhat possible if alert. Little luck and Bambi scapes to either side.

Swerving can be a killer.

You must've never seen the effects of a deer's hooves on the occupants of a vehicle after it goes through the windshield. Swerving was about my safest bet lol. I'd be disappointed if it was totalled, but at least it'll be covered.

I must have not than ... up to you, all the best w/ repairs.

myzateqy.jpg
ysupehar.jpg

Took these with my tablet after I got it home... obviously need to get better ones. I'll get around to it sometime today.

Yep, parts car now, but mlara is looking for a front clip...

Good news is, since the car was just bought a couple of weeks ago, depending on how good your insurance company is you may get what you paid for the car back if nothing else.

Yep, parts car now, but mlara is looking for a front clip...

Good news is, since the car was just bought a couple of weeks ago, depending on how good your insurance company is you may get what you paid for the car back if nothing else.

I have state farm, so we shall see. I doubt I'll bother buying the car back and parting it out. I have seen a few clean mark viiis around... so I may remain in the Lincoln camp.

If it is totalled, you may want to fix it anyway. Suppose the car is worth $4000. If you got $4000 from insurance and the repairs are $6000, and you can buy the car back for $2000 your net cost would be $4000 ($6000-$4000+$3000). The insurance company probably would get pennies at auction. Some guy will buy it, fix it and sell it. You just try to be that guy.

I just finished installing the car stereo yesterday and last night I almost wrecked it too. Luckily I was not driving that fast and a deer suddenly cross the road, I hit the brakes and stayed straight smacking the deer. Deer wasn't hurt that bad since it went back running again. My license plate is the only one that got dented and minor scratches. If I've swerved, it could be the ditch or car in the other lane.

Well, that was fast. Not 2 weeks with the car and Bambi decides to jump right the hell in front of it in the middle of a pretty sharp right turn. Luckily the LS handles as well as it does, and I was able to swerve away when the damned deer appeared in front of me. The car rotated 180 degrees and slid downhill backwards off of the side of the road. Not much damage honestly... trunk dented, bottom of the doors got a little banged up, tires off of the drivers side wheels and a busted tie rod. Busted tails too. Sooooooo happy that I chose to get full coverage on this vehicle. Also very grateful that the car handles as well as it does, as it took a VERY nimble car to not only miss the deer, but land with me in a safe position instead of head on into a tree. Pics in the am.... damn my Lincoln man :(.

Sorry men:(

Well, the estimate is right at 6k. Let's see how much they try to give me, as that's no doubt totalled. I'll miss that car.

Well, the estimate is right at 6k. Let's see how much they try to give me, as that's no doubt totalled. I'll miss that car.

They SHOULD give you back at least what you paid for the car, plus anything you put into it since buying it since you've only had it a couple of weeks. USAA will give you the value of the car plus anything installed provided you have the receipts over the 6 month period prior to the accident. If the car's value is more than you paid for it, you should get the car's value back. Of course that's depending upon your insurance policy's provisions.

They SHOULD give you back at least what you paid for the car, plus anything you put into it since buying it since you've only had it a couple of weeks. USAA will give you the value of the car plus anything installed provided you have the receipts over the 6 month period prior to the accident. If the car's value is more than you paid for it, you should get the car's value back. Of course that's depending upon your insurance policy's provisions.

That's semi comforting. Thanks for the information.

My experience with insurance (on my old ford taurus) is that if the cost to repair is more that the value of the car they will just pay the blue book value of the car. Since it was just a scratch (a long one from front to rear fender) and a broken side mirror I bought it back using the salvage value ($200) and have it fixed myself. As I remember the cost to fix it was $3000, car is worth $1500 which is what the insurance will pay. I netted $1300 since I bought it back, sold it after a year for $1200 (title has salvage value then) and replaced it with a continental.

My experience with insurance (on my old ford taurus) is that if the cost to repair is more that the value of the car they will just pay the blue book value of the car. Since it was just a scratch (a long one from front to rear fender) and a broken side mirror I bought it back using the salvage value ($200) and have it fixed myself. As I remember the cost to fix it was $3000, car is worth $1500 which is what the insurance will pay. I netted $1300 since I bought it back, sold it after a year for $1200 (title has salvage value then) and replaced it with a continental.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that if the damage weren't what it is. There's a decent 2nd Gen locally that I may go check out. http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4206569434.html I'm wondering why it's so cheap though... in any case, if it's still there when my claim is paid, I'll check it out.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that if the damage weren't what it is. There's a decent 2nd Gen locally that I may go check out. http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/4206569434.html I'm wondering why it's so cheap though... in any case, if it's still there when my claim is paid, I'll check it out.

Well......

Fully Loaded-tan leather-cd changer-bose sound sistem, sunroof and much more!

No LS had a factory Bose system..... Those wheels probably put a lot of extra stress on the suspension, which is probably in need of replacement.

I planned on rebuilding the whole suspension piece by piece on my 2000 anyway, so doing it on a 2nd Gen wouldn't be a big deal. Those wheels would fund eibachs. As for the system... yeah all of that is coming out anyway if I get it. I prefer to do my own audio.

I would really pay attention with that car ether the car in the pic is not the car that they have for sale or something is wrong hear thay ls in the pic is not a 2003.

I would really pay attention with that car ether the car in the pic is not the car that they have for sale or something is wrong hear thay ls in the pic is not a 2003.

Sure looks like an 03 possible to me. You could get different appearance packages. It'd be easy to verify with the VIN. I do agree that the price and description don't match. They're leaving something(s) out, like maybe it is a salvage title.

Members online

No members online now.
Back