Another window problem

mergner26

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just did my pack right window regulator and now i'm pretty sure my front driver side one is done. A couple of days ago i went to put it down and i heard something break and fall into the door. The window worked fine except for one spot when i would put it down. The window would slow down and the same spot everytime. Well last night i heard the noise ago and something else fell. I didn't try the window the rest of the night but this morning i decided to test it out. Again i heard that noise but this time the window wouldn't work and then just fell almost all of the way down. The window looks like its off track too considering i have the windows tinted and i can see where the tint stops. I just want to make sure that it is the regulator and not something else before i order the part. i'm going out now to take the door panel off but if anyone else has had this and it is the regulator just let me know

2001 LS V8 66,000

It's probably the regulator....but I would look at the bottom of the window too. I'm not sure on the LS, but Ford is famous for glueing the mounting strip for the window to the bottom of the glass. If that's come loose, you will need to buy new glass too. I don't care what you use or how well you try and reglue that strip to the glass...it will eventually fail again. I have never found anything that will hold permanently...and I've tried about everything you can imagine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back