Another Shock Question

Dom

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I need new front shocks for my '02 LS Premium. After researching the forum over and over, I just want some clarification on a few things before I go forward as shocks are a big part of the car.

1) Should I get new mounts along with the shocks? Only reason I ask is because the mechanic asked.

2) Should I just purchase the OE shocks from LSK? I've read here that alot of you said stay away from anything else. If so, should I go base, sport, or Euro? I do live in Boston with bad roads but I would like a little better handling and don't mind a little trade off in comfort.

3) Finally. should I just get all 4 and not just the fronts? I have 71,000 miles on the car and plan on keeping it for a while. I don't do crazy miles per year, maybe 12-14K.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ford recommends changing the shocks on the LS every 50,000 miles. So, with that being said changing all four shocks at the same time would make the most sense. All Ford OEM shocks come with everything you need. It comes with the rubber mount and shock.

The only other company that we have found that makes a shock for the LS is Monroe. They are called Sensatracs. I had them on my LS for about 10,000 miles and they were junk. The ride was very boat like and felt like a huge tank. I put the Sport shocks on my LS and it made a huge difference.

Depending on how you want the car to ride will determine which shock to get. The sport shock is the most popular since it gives you the best feel of the road. Unless you are racing or performing Autocross type of functions I don't recommend the Euro shock. It is extremely firm.

Members online

Back