another rim question?

BigBoiLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i want to put a benz(5x112) rim on my 01 LS (5x108). people tell me to take it to a machine shop and drill the holes. well my dad owns a machine shop so what do i need to do to get them to fit if i can. i'm trying to make it a 5x112 can i do that from 5x108.

Well I operate a machine here and first off setup the wheel indicate the center of the hub in and then figure on paper what your new 108 bolt circle and where it will land you. I recomened have your have your fathers engineers draw both 112/108 bolt circles out together so you can make sure your dont have any issues. After that with the wheel bolted down and the center found they should give your diminisions for each hole. Make sure you use a Jig Bore type machine with +-.00005 also you must have a digital readout. A standard bridgeport style machine willnt work for this at least I wouldnt try it with one! This will take sometime its not like you can measure it out and take it to a drill press and in a hour they will be finished. You are probably looking at a 1-2hr per wheel. Good luck!

-Scott-

BigBoiLS said:
i want to put a benz(5x112) rim on my 01 LS (5x108). people tell me to take it to a machine shop and drill the holes. well my dad owns a machine shop so what do i need to do to get them to fit if i can. i'm trying to make it a 5x112 can i do that from 5x108.

You are correct.........looking at about $50-60 a hour for machine time. I had a guy show up about 3 years ago with a Probe GT and he wanted me to drill him some holes in some decent looking rims. We called him and gave him roughly how much it would cost, needless to say he was back in the morning picking them up. We have done a few sets of John Deere wheels that have been about 4-6ft overall diameter.

-Scott-

Bacurus said:
That's gonna be expensive...

its my dads machine shop so he should be ok i just dont want him to put off his jobs for my rims. thanks i dont know what machine he has but i know there HAAS (something like that (theres a bunch of machines in his shop)). i'll prolly wont get those then. oh well.

Members online

Back