ANOTHER LED low beam bulb takes the lead

xtriggerman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The low beam bulb saga continues. after setting the 97 up with 4 emitter LED bulbs, I decided they just aren't up to brightness standards I was hoping for. Every time I click the basic bulb hi beam on, it blows away the LED for the dullness you see out of them. So, there was only one outfit selling a 6-emitter bulb, so I put one in to test it out. The Lux meter gave a 10x reading of 2600 on the 4 emitter bulb and 3700 on the 6 emitter. Huge difference! So I'll be running these hotter 6's to see how they hold up in the coming months. 9006 6000K White COB 6-Side LED Kit Extremely Bright Fog Light Bulb for Ram 1500 | eBay

I'm finally done with the whole low beam situation! I put the final pictures of how to put the 9006's into the housings WITHOUT and adapters. The key to getting a somewhat correct rectangular beam print is how deep the bulb sits into the housing. Figured that out tonight. Once the admin approves the final picture posting in the Articles section, Its finaly over!!!

I'm finally done with the whole low beam situation! I put the final pictures of how to put the 9006's into the housings WITHOUT and adapters. The key to getting a somewhat correct rectangular beam print is how deep the bulb sits into the housing. Figured that out tonight. Once the admin approves the final picture posting in the Articles section, Its finally over!!!
Thanks Xtriggerman! I know you have put a lot of time into this! Greatly appreciated!! Looking forward to reading the artice!

Members online

No members online now.
Back