Another Headlamp Question - HID

jgfish97

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing HID Headlamps in your LS? I got one of two HID headlamps and I'm trying to swap out my Non-HID's with HID's... This is the problem I'm running in to...

My original Headlamps have a BLACK connection with two "ears" spaced apart. The new HID Headlamps have a WHITE connection with two "ears" spaced apart but one is closer than the other. So connecting the HID lamp to my original connectors in my car is a No-Go... Here is a link to my pictures so you guys can take a look at what I'm talking about.

http://photos.yahoo.com/jgfish97

So I guess my question is this... Can Factory HID Headlamps work with LS's that were not equiped with Factory HID Headlamps? Thanks.

They can; at least one member has done it. There are some questions about it, as the wiring diagram for the HID and non-HID setup is different, but it can be done. AFAIK, the people who've done it have not had any problems.

I did a search and did not find any kind of wiring diagram... But I did find a post of someone who did install '03+ HID lamps into there '02... I just need the wiring diagram or a how to and I'm set. Thank you.

Here are the pictures of what I'm talking about...

Non-HID Headlamp Connection
Non-HIDLamp.gif

HID Headlamp Connection CloseUp
HIDLampCloseUp1.gif

I hope this helps.

Members online

Back