Another few question from a possible LS wannabe... (LSE, suspension ?s)

shomann

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello again.

This forum has already been extrordinarily helpful in helping me bone up on my knowledge of the LS, but I find that I have a few more questions that I can't seem to find through several rounds of searching:

1. Is the LSE bodykit adaptable to the 2003 model year?
  2. Suspension options? Are there any adjustable coilover kits available for the LS or is it mainly struts and springs? Sway bars? Braces?

Thanks again!

1. Yes
2. You wont believe how this car handles on the twisties, so no need to mod the suspension up alot, only thing available is lowering springs and you could replace your standard shocks with the oem european shocks to get a stiff ride, helpful for hard cornering.

shomann said:
Hello again.

This forum has already been extrordinarily helpful in helping me bone up on my knowledge of the LS, but I find that I have a few more questions that I can't seem to find through several rounds of searching:

1. Is the LSE bodykit adaptable to the 2003 model year?
  2. Suspension options? Are there any adjustable coilover kits available for the LS or is it mainly struts and springs? Sway bars? Braces?

Thanks again!
There is a different LSE for 2004. The parts can be purchased from Ford and bolt right on to a 2003. There are some guys who have adapted this to pre 2003 LS's... Pictures:
91475frt.JPG

91475rear.JPG

Most excellent :-D

On the suspension I was thinking more of the ride-height adjustability that coilover offers (well, some coilover setups). Has anyone experimented with this or are there any product offerings? This isn't a huge deal-breaker for me at all.

the LS is already spring over shock design. LEEDA makes an manually adjustable coil-over replacement - $2400 IIRC.

Quik LS said:
the LS is already spring over shock design. LEEDA makes an manually adjustable coil-over replacement - $2400 IIRC.

I will look into it. It sounds to me like a spring change only mildly effects the Lincoln's handling - My goal is to have a lower stance while keeping a non-harsh feel, not race the thing ;)

shomann said:
I will look into it. It sounds to me like a spring change only mildly effects the Lincoln's handling - My goal is to have a lower stance while keeping a non-harsh feel, not race the thing ;)
Then get the Eibach Pro Kit. $250 or so, 1.5 inch drop and great handling...

Pics:
Before and after
rearbefore.jpg.w300h200.jpg

rearafter.jpg.w300h200.jpg

frontbefore.jpg.w300h200.jpg

frontafter.jpg.w300h200.jpg

Kelleyo how much did it cost you to get the Eibach springs installed?

-car looks great.

JaredLS said:
Kelleyo how much did it cost you to get the Eibach springs installed?

-car looks great.
About $200 plus an alignment.

Members online

Back