Another Avic Install Problem!!

kcam67

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Desperately need your help on this one. After spending hours upon hours in the search tool, I am unable to find an answer to this problem. I am installing a Pioneer Avic F900BT in my 06 LS. I'm pretty much done with all of the necessary connections except for one thing. I am using a Scosche wiring harness to connect with my OEM/Factory harness. Like I said, all of the speaker wires and what not are all hooked up correctly, including factory amps.

When I connect my (Yellow) wire which is the battery constant and my (Red) which is the accessories from the Scosche to the Pioneer Yellow and Red, I get absolutely no power at all. Should be no brainer right? So, I decided to do some trial and error, I taped together the yellow/red wire from Pioneer and fed it to the yellow Scosche, voila! I have power, problem is, the Pioneer will always be on, not good.

Anyone here can shed some light on this situation? Again, I've been searching and reading for hours and I am not getting any answers to my situation. Anything would be great. Thanks guys.

sounds like the acc trigger is not working for your harness, i would check to see if there is actually a wire in the correct pin on the factory side of the harness, if there is, its time to start checking fuses. worse case scenario, you can run a wire to the acc wire at the ignition switch, or run a wire back to the passenger C pillar and tap into the ACC wire that feeds the sunroof (this wire also has RAP)

sounds like the acc trigger is not working for your harness, i would check to see if there is actually a wire in the correct pin on the factory side of the harness, if there is, its time to start checking fuses. worse case scenario, you can run a wire to the acc wire at the ignition switch, or run a wire back to the passenger C pillar and tap into the ACC wire that feeds the sunroof (this wire also has RAP)

Thanks LoudLS for your response. Yeah, that's the first thing I did was checked and doubled checked all the wiring configurations from factory harness and made sure they correspond with the Scosche and everything checked out. All fuses are good. Is the worst case scenario my only choice?

well if the acc wire is in the factory harness (on all of the newest ford cars, its not, they turn on and off by the data bus, but i didnt think that even the 06 LS did that) and there are no blown fuses, then the only other thing that i can think of, would be to track down where the break in the wire is (which could take all day)

now, did the factory radio still work when you took it out? does it still work now?

well if the acc wire is in the factory harness (on all of the newest ford cars, its not, they turn on and off by the data bus, but i didnt think that even the 06 LS did that) and there are no blown fuses, then the only other thing that i can think of, would be to track down where the break in the wire is (which could take all day)

now, did the factory radio still work when you took it out? does it still work now?

Loud, I actually went back and checked the fuse again just to make sure and what do you know, a 5A fuse was blown and I missed it. Put in a new one and I was good to go. Got everything installed and bypass yesterday afternoon. Even with factory speakers, the sound has improved dramatically with new head unit. I'm planning to replace speakers in the future, just haven't decide what to get yet. Thanks for your help dude.

no problem, always glad when its a simple fix.

Even with factory speakers, the sound has improved dramatically with new head unit.

I'm pretty sure this is the first thing almost everyone with an AVIC says when they put it in :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back