Anit Lock Self Test code help

stink 'N linc 'N

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im trying to determine my anti lock light problem. I did the self test with the anti lock connector. Sat in the car counted the amount of times the light flashed. Went 6 flashes , paused. and flashed another 3 times?

Can anyone give me an idea of what that means? Thanks!?

http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=47
Could code 63 there. pertain to a anti lock light coming on?

No. The codes on that page are for the ECC module.

ABS code 63 indicates a problem with the pump motor speed sensor.

From my Ford CD manual:
No pump motor speed sensor signal during initial check at 31 km/h (19mph), wire harness or damaged anti-lock brake control module.

Were there any other codes? The reason I ask is I had code 63 show up on my car along with a code indicating a problem with one of my wheel sensors.

After I replaced the wheel sensor, that code and the code 63 strangely enough, disappeared. So, there may be nothing wrong with the control module itself, but something else in the system.

If the abs light is going on and off you may have to wait untill it stays on to pull a sensor code.

Nope. that was it. The check engine light has started coming on only when i driv for a lil bit on the highway but it shuts off soon after.

so it could either be the abs control module a wiring harness?

Is it tought to get at that pump motor speed sensor?
How hard was it to change the wheel sensor> which one?

I don't know if the pump motor speed sensor can be easily repaired, or if it's even a separate part from the assembly. I never had to do it. As I said, when I changed off my wheel sensor, the pump motor sensor code (63) went away too.

My bad wheel sensor was the front-driver side, but a code appeared for it.

Since you didn't get a code for one of your wheel sensors, there's no telling whether swapping them off will do any good.

I had read somewhere that it wasnt too hard to change that sensor. gonna have to find where that was i saw it again. Also, i know dont geta code for the wheel speed sensor. but just wondered how difficult it was to change the one u did? whatd u have to do?

this is where i was reading that at.
http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/d...opic_id=4808&mesg_id=4808&listing_type=search
The picture in that link is of a speedometer sensor that attaches to the back of the transmission. He said partsamerica.com told him that was the part he wanted. I don't see how changing that off will help with the ABS system, especially since he didn't mention that his speedo was malfunctioning. He didn't even bother to post whether or not (probably not) changing it worked.

The front ABS wheel speed sensors aren't that hard to change. You just unbolt it and pull it out from the back. The only difficulty you may have will depend on how snugly fit they are near the hub. If the sensors are in really tight, you may have to remove the brake caliper and rotor, so you can knock it out with a hammer and socket extension. Be mindful that doing so will destroy the sensor, so don't do it if you aren't sure that the ABS sensor is actually broken.

The rear ABS sensors are bolted to the pumpkin.

So, with a code 63 sayin its the pump motor speed sensor. Is that the part that connects to the tail of the trans? I wanna try and cleaning that all up if i can. Get a new one if needed. and move on to the relays if that doesnt work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back