angel eyes and/or springs?

daves2000ls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i cant decide between the two, i know if i buy both itll take all of whats left of my paycheck, after i put 1/3 back. id like my car to handle better, so i like the springs, but i would need new shocks and struts. so i wouldnt be able to put them on until july. ive wanted angel eyes since i got the car, and about a month ago my friend with the M3 was talking about getting them on his car. so id like to be first at that. anyway, what should i do. be the first to have angel eyes and have to wait until august to lower my car or get the springs now the shocks in july and the angel eyes in august? also, should i get springtech, or eibach?

get the angel eyes.. u want the springs for better handling, but u wont get better handling technically until u do the shocks and everything else too..

besides.. u can always drop the car.. u cant always be the first in the area wit angel eyes.. me technically.. i like how they look on the BMW better.. so dont expect others to feel the same way.. why not just get HIDs? do u have rims? if u do it may be worth it to drop it.

how much do u want to drop it? if its a minimal diff. why do it now?
drop some pics of ur car so we know what we are working with

BanginLS said:
get the angel eyes.. u want the springs for better handling, but u wont get better handling technically until u do the shocks and everything else too..

Well i'm certainly sure once you have the shocks (really just Leda) unless you get the floaty monroe sensatracs.. the 3 base shocks were already on the LS depending on package you got.

What package LS do you have? I have springtech's on my car and the sport package and i can say without a doubt the car can corner like it never could before now. You will notice a handling difference regardless however there isn't that big of a range in shocks for the LS outside of the stock ones available.

However depending on your level of knowledge and mechanical skill the springs would cost you more in the end.. first to purchase and secondly to pay to have em put on and get your alignment and pitch adjusted properly. If you plan to install it yourself i guess you could remove the installation cost from your mind, however an alignment would be good to have regardless after its done.

The angel eyes on the other hand are an easy do it yourself job, they look fantastic. I have the new CCFL the predators and they're definately brighter than any other set of rings i've seen on the road by me..

I'd say go with the lights first then save for the springs if you have to pay to install the springs + alignment.

but ur assuming he is on stock tires.. if he is on twenties u will have no diff. except for the amt of ppl u can fit on the car.. etc..

yeah i guess i did assume a lesser rim and tire, considering anything over 18" (or 19" tops) IMO looks goofy on these cars.. but thats just me.

let us know more details about your car! OR a really good solution is save up for it all and get it at one time.. then you'll really go bonkers with something new to do everyday putting it all on hehe

- edited -

19's look ok to if it sits right on them.. the whole roll skate look really bothers me heh

Members online

No members online now.
Back