An Urgent Message

as stated, bible prophecy has been wrong before and will be wrong again. so much for truth in the bible.

but technically, you are correct.(possibly) could be a big a$$ meteor comes ripping through the sky at any time between now and then. but the sun engulfing the earth(or nearly engulfing) is a given.

and WE HATERS(your words. i'd use skeptic or similar) aren't taking potshots at him. you tell me the difference between him and any other loon that has said the world was going to end in the last 1000 years. when you make such claims, you open yourself up to ridicule. considering he's been wrong before, it would be a fair assumption to admit he's crying wolf.(some people always seek attention, whether it be good or bad).

and it's not attacking a christian reflexively, it's going after yet another doomsayer who falls in a long history of doomsayers who have all 1 thing in common. they were wrong. but in this case, not the first time wrong.

besides, can't happen until the temple is rebuilt on the temple mount.:N

ARE YOU GUYS GONNA "LET UP" MY EYES ARE TIRED AND i WANTA KILL MYSELF. wheww !!!

was just c/p'ing. faster than typing it all out. i was just wondering how christians deal with the similarities of all god's before christ.

and to the writer or as to me, all religions are based on fable/myth, so didn't mean it as an insult, just my perspective, as you see it real.

i don't know if you've ever heard that the 10 commandments can be found in the egyptian book of the dead as well. wasn't moses leading the jews away from egypt?

Ah, but mr Worm, have you read Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff? I think most of your questions regarding Christ's childhood could be answered there. I especially like the game of 'bring the lizard back to life' and how they always argued on who got to be Moses when they played 'parting of the Red Sea'.

nope, can't say i have. if i come across it, i'll give it a peruse.

i don't know if you've ever heard that the 10 commandments can be found in the egyptian book of the dead as well. wasn't moses leading the jews away from egypt?
You're quoting Greek mythology as a way of supporting your claims.

I don't think I need to answer any more of your "proofs." :rolleyes:

You're quoting Greek mythology as a way of supporting your claims.

I don't think I need to answer any more of your "proofs." :rolleyes:

Actually he is quoting historical fact which seems to be a great deal more than you have been doing. Can you give us any provenance for the authenticity of the Gospels. Please provide some. No! quoting from them will not suffice.

Actually he is quoting historical fact which seems to be a great deal more than you have been doing. Can you give us any provenance for the authenticity of the Gospels. Please provide some. No! quoting from them will not suffice.
Greek mythology is historical fact? :rolleyes:

Greek mythology is historical fact? :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that Moses is Greek mythology because as to that I would not know but as far as the Egyptian Book of the Dead there are enough copies taken from Egyptian tombs to make them an historical fact.

Are you suggesting that Moses is Greek mythology because as to that I would not know but as far as the Egyptian Book of the Dead there are enough copies taken from Egyptian tombs to make them an historical fact.
I'm referring to his usage of the story of Prometheus as evidence that Christianity is fable.

Do you need me to walk you back through the thread?

what is greek mythology now was not mythology at one time. it was believed as strongly as you believe your faith. (i think horus and mithra would also be deemed mythology)

i'm not out to irk you fossten. i know what you think of me already, and it shows in other posts. but seriously, how has christianity dealt with these facts?

and please don't lay a justin martyr story on me if you do answer. (you know, the devil preconcieving the idea of christ, etc)

so, throw out prometheus and answer from that standpoint. but then that would be like the christian right. get in a tight spot and refuse to answer. 1 more for the god myth.

interesting glenn

now carrying on, let's see where else in the bible is woman to be subservient;

genesis
3:16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth. In pain you will bring forth children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

exodus
20:17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

funny the wife is included in along with the rest of the property.

exodus
22:16 "If a man entices a virgin who isn't pledged to be married, and lies with her, he shall surely pay a dowry for her to be his wife.

22:17 If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

the daughter is obviously the property of the father. yet there is no reciprocal law if a woman seduces a virgin boy(death?)

21:22 "If men fight and hurt a pregnant woman so that she gives birth prematurely, and yet no harm follows, he shall be surely fined as much as the woman's husband demands and the judges allow.

what the husband demands for destruction of his property. not what she demands for being assaulted. she has no say.

leviticus
27:3 Your valuation shall be of a male from twenty years old even to sixty years old, even your valuation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.

27:4 If it is a female, then your valuation shall be thirty shekels.

27:5 If the person is from five years old even to twenty years old, then your valuation shall be for a male twenty shekels, and for a female ten shekels.

27:6 If the person is from a month old even to five years old, then your valuation shall be for a male five shekels of silver, and for a female your valuation shall be three shekels of silver.

27:7 If the person is from sixty years old and upward; if it is a male, then your valuation shall be fifteen shekels, and for a female ten shekels.

women are valued less. want more? there is more.
all throughout the bible, women are referred to as property, or valued less.

Members online

No members online now.
Back