Amsoil 0W-30

What you do when you drive that far to work is get the oil up to full operating temperature...which can be around 250 degrees give or take. That ensures that any moisture in the engine gets boiled off and pulled from the engine by the PCV system. Condensation in the crankcase is a VERY bad thing as it can change into an acid and will eat at the bearings, etc. That's another reason why I don't understand changing your oil every 12,000 miles. The chemical changes alone can be harmful. Maybe Amsoil doesn't go through any of that???

Oil

Hey Im a P.I. here in florida and i jsut switched to modile one 5w-20 and im hearing that maybe that wasnt the best choice? I do alot of driving 350-600miles a week!!!and alot of times with the summer heat I leave the car running for hour aday and then i have to chase people down so I am jsut wondering is AMSOIL good for this I just changed the mobile one but if its not good Im climbing back under the car this weekend what would be the best oil for me? weight? and as far as the price how much more is this stuff then the mobile one (money shouldnt be a factor in buying somehting to important for the LS!!)(execpt for 5000 for brakes jsut can't do it )LOL) sorry just wondering whats the word one the street (oil can go longer than 3000 miles) I agree ) :Beer :feedback

SilverLS said:
Hey Im a P.I. here in florida and i jsut switched to modile one 5w-20 and im hearing that maybe that wasnt the best choice? I do alot of driving 350-600miles a week!!!and alot of times with the summer heat I leave the car running for hour aday and then i have to chase people down so I am jsut wondering is AMSOIL good for this I just changed the mobile one but if its not good Im climbing back under the car this weekend what would be the best oil for me? weight? and as far as the price how much more is this stuff then the mobile one (money shouldnt be a factor in buying somehting to important for the LS!!)(execpt for 5000 for brakes jsut can't do it )LOL) sorry just wondering whats the word one the street (oil can go longer than 3000 miles) I agree ) :Beer :feedback

I would suggest doing some reading on Amsoil's website, there is a lot of good information there. I can tell people until I'm blue in the face how good of an oil it is, but until you see it for yourself, you won't be convinced. Check it out and check out bob the oil guys' website too, very good info.

Members online

Back