America's Judgment - A Losing War with Islam

fossten said:
The Bible is still intact in the King James Version and any other language version directly transliterated from the Textus Receptus.

The NIV, NASV, and all the other English versions come from the English Revised Version, which was a flawed and corrupt English translation done in the 1880s by Westcott and Hort. (oops, it's Hort not Hoyt) These translations have numerous errors and disagreements with each other and cannot be trusted to be God's Word. Even seminary students use careful language when referring to versions like the NIV, saying that it "contains" God's word.

The NIV that I read is translated from the oldest known scripts.

Barwick said:
The NIV that I read is translated from the oldest known scripts.

Right and - not so right. It is from the oldest *existing* manuscripts, but they are flawed and corrupt. One was found in the Pope's library, the other in a trash bin. Moreover, they are NOT translated. Read your introduction. It clearly states that the NIV uses "dynamic equivalence," which means the NIV was written using what the translators thought the original writers of the Greek and Hebrew meant to say, not what they actually said.

Read it and get back to me.

fossten said:
Right and - not so right. It is from the oldest *existing* manuscripts, but they are flawed and corrupt. One was found in the Pope's library, the other in a trash bin. Moreover, they are NOT translated. Read your introduction. It clearly states that the NIV uses "dynamic equivalence," which means the NIV was written using what the translators thought the original writers of the Greek and Hebrew meant to say, not what they actually said.

Read it and get back to me.

That's good to know, "What they meant to say." :rolleyes:

Man...this is a replay of Fossten's politics....so to re-cap..ONLY Fossten's political beliefs are RIGHT and his religious belief are RIGHT, and everyone else's is WRONG. LOL.....

RRocket said:
Man...this is a replay of Fossten's politics....so to re-cap..ONLY Fossten's political beliefs are RIGHT and his religious belief are RIGHT, and everyone else's is WRONG. LOL.....
It's called having an opinion and FACTS to back it up.

Don't you believe your opinions are right as well?

Duh.

It must suck to be wrong so often. Can you tell me what it feels like?

Well the difference is, is that I say "Fossten, I'm glad that your religion gives you some peace/happiness/solace in your life, and I'd never try to take it away from you" And you say "Ron, it's too bad you have nothing to look forward to". I'm happy for you..and you are dismissive towards me. Big difference.

RRocket said:
Well the difference is, is that I say "Fossten, I'm glad that your religion gives you some peace/happiness/solace in your life, and I'd never try to take it away from you" And you say "Ron, it's too bad you have nothing to look forward to". I'm happy for you..and you are dismissive towards me. Big difference.

Your straw man won't hold up here. You spew plenty of hate around here, yet one time you try to sound nice and amiable so you can prove a point. I'm not buying it. That's nothing but a cellophane ploy and it's flimsy and pathetic.

I'm not trying to fool anybody. I'm not some Jew-hater like you, but I'm not a nice guy when it comes to liberals. I need to work on that. But despite my rough approach, nobody thinks I'm a phony. That's the big difference between you and me.

I've known Bryan (MonsterMark) since before this board. Heck, I even went to visit him one time, but his wife screwed the whole think up by deciding to have a baby. As you know, Bryans views and mine are polar opposites. He knows me, and will attest I am no phoney. Like I said, I think everyone should be allowed their view, and I won't criticize you for it, especially if it's a choice that makes your lifestyle complete, as is religion in your case. You honestly think I hate you for your religion? If that's what you think when someone disagress with you, I feel sad for you. You go ahead and think what you want. It really doesn't bother me in the least. I like you, and enjoy your views no matter how outlandish or silly they seem to me sometimes.

RRocket said:

I usually agree with fossten as well:D

stang99x said:
I usually agree with fossten as well:D

Usually? You're a Fossten Mini-Me...

390~Mini-Me-Goldmember-Posters.jpg

Hehe...that's funny. I don't visit here as often as I'd like. Is he really a Fosstonian?

RRocket said:
Hehe...that's funny. I don't visit here as often as I'd like. Is he really a Fosstonian?

He's Fossten with an angrier twist and a penchant for using the word "chit" throughout his post.

Wow...angrier than Fossten? Is that possible?

95DevilleNS said:
Usually? You're a Fossten Mini-Me...

390~Mini-Me-Goldmember-Posters.jpg

What is that "chit" all about?

Besides, an angrier more prone to explosion version is usually larger

Members online

No members online now.
Back