1971 Plymouth Road Runner
1969 Dodge Daytona Pro Street
1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30
1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS
1971 Pontaic GTO Judge
1970 Plymouth Super Bird

CHEVELLE SIDE AT MOMS.jpg

belmont ps rear.jpg

Nice pictures, Squirell! Is that a real 1970 Chevelle LS6? Those are pretty rare, and definately one of the greatest factory hotrods in my book!

That's the real deal.
Family owned since 1975 with only 38,000 orig miles.
95% of the paint and interior are orig.

ds engine 640x480.jpg

squirell said:
That's the real deal.
Family owned since 1975 with only 38,000 orig miles.
95% of the paint and interior are orig.
:gr_hail: <<drool>> congratulations man, that is a beautiful vehicle in amazing condition.

Pepperman is the only one here that got the Buick GSX.Everyone talks about GTOs or Mustangs or Chevelles. What about the Buicks. Now to me theres power.Quick and classy.I myself am a Buick man and have been. To me thats a car to have its not like you could go to your local walmart and buy an intake for it like you could a chevy.To me chevys are soo played out I hate going to a classic car show and seeing chevys how many times do you see the same old thing.I like being different and to me Buicks are that.Your in a different class when you own a Buick

What about the Oldsmobile 442? That's classy, that's power! BTW, I think you need to revise your signature, it still has the Buik on it!

Buick GNX. Probably the fastest Buick ever built. But it's not as "classy" as the older iron of the 60's and 70's IMO.
You want to be REALLY different? Try hot-rodding a CADILLAC!!! :steering

I just wanted to make MarkedMan feel better by pointing out that Buick did, in fact sell at least one fast car. And I'll agree with you on the CTS-V. Hot car!

Jibit said:
What about the Oldsmobile 442? That's classy, that's power! BTW, I think you need to revise your signature, it still has the Buik on it!

Did you mean Buick.

Katshot said:
I just wanted to make MarkedMan feel better by pointing out that Buick did, in fact sell at least one fast car. And I'll agree with you on the CTS-V. Hot car!

They had fast cars in the 60 and 70's too.
How about the 455 stage 1's

Sure they were fast but not even CLOSE to a modern day GNX, or even a Grand National. Matter of fact, I'll bet a stock Regal GS with a oulley kit would smoke one. The old saying "there's no replacement for displacement" just doesn't work anymore. The replacement is "technology" my freinds.

Katshot said:
Sure they were fast but not even CLOSE to a modern day GNX, or even a Grand National. Matter of fact, I'll bet a stock Regal GS with a oulley kit would smoke one. The old saying "there's no replacement for displacement" just doesn't work anymore. The replacement is "technology" my freinds.

umm. no. If technology reffering to forced induction surely a forced induction car could beat a naturally aspirated car depending on the specs.. a stock Regal T type is like 270 hp 14s all day.. Sure buicks first attempts at the gran sport were not that great with the old "Nail head" ( small ass valves ) but once they got that stage 1 455 in 69 and 70 these cars can really move. Yeah if you beefed up the turbo on a 3.8 G body they haul ass.. But their just avg high 13 to 14 second cars.. no different from the predecessor.. I like those cars alot and easilly run fast. but arguing a car with a turbocharger vs N/A is stupid. technology might bring us better turbos and means of forced induction, better head design or cam grinds etc. But my friend as long as youre in the world of a reciprocating internal combustion engine SIZE MATTERS. Period. The final part of my argument is a top fuel dragster. Look one up. Look at the horsepower rating. Look at the size of the engine. Look at the fact they use forced induction. Look how fast they go. Then ask is their anything with smaller displacement going faster or making more power than one of these ? with using "technology" ? A honda cant beat a built big block by doing a simple chip upgrade to inhance its fuel/air ratio or timing. :soapbox: P.S one of my favorite cars is the 69 ZL1 camaro.. no one ever talks about it.

Imperial pilot x said:
umm. no. If technology reffering to forced induction surely a forced induction car could beat a naturally aspirated car depending on the specs.. a stock Regal T type is like 270 hp 14s all day.. Sure buicks first attempts at the gran sport were not that great with the old "Nail head" ( small ass valves ) but once they got that stage 1 455 in 69 and 70 these cars can really move. Yeah if you beefed up the turbo on a 3.8 G body they haul ass.. But their just avg high 13 to 14 second cars.. no different from the predecessor.. I like those cars alot and easilly run fast. but arguing a car with a turbocharger vs N/A is stupid. technology might bring us better turbos and means of forced induction, better head design or cam grinds etc. But my friend as long as youre in the world of a reciprocating internal combustion engine SIZE MATTERS. Period. The final part of my argument is a top fuel dragster. Look one up. Look at the horsepower rating. Look at the size of the engine. Look at the fact they use forced induction. Look how fast they go. Then ask is their anything with smaller displacement going faster or making more power than one of these ? with using "technology" ? A honda cant beat a built big block by doing a simple chip upgrade to inhance its fuel/air ratio or timing. :soapbox: P.S one of my favorite cars is the 69 ZL1 camaro.. no one ever talks about it.

:I .....but what do I know.....LOL

Oooooo....... Copo Camaro......:D
:Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
:I .....but what do I know.....LOL

Oooooo....... Copo Camaro......:D
:Beer

Copo Camaro now thats a rare car.Being that most of them were made into Yenkos

Muscle cars

Along time ago in a land far away a young teenager (me)was looking for a new Barracuda(late 1970).Went down to the local dealer and found a Hemi orange Cuda' with a Hemi and a black vinyl top,pistol grip 4 speed etc.that the dealer was trying to get rid of/leftover offered it to me for $3800.00 and I turned it down because it was a column shift not floor.still to this day kicking myself in the ass everytime I think about how naive Iwas :Bang :slam

can i kick you in the ass!? OH, if people only knew what would become of these cars! :Bang

Members online

No members online now.
Back