Ambient light sensor

TomServo92

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried searching but could find anything. Does anyone know the part number of the ambient light sensor located on the top of the dash in the center (with the blinking PATS LED)?

I suggest that you e-mail Max. I'm sure he can look the number up for you.

Why do you need this? I might be having a similar problem.

My headlights stay on no matter the light level. The turn on and off manually and it's not a major problem having them on in the daytime but I might consider fixing it if the part isn't expensive.

Well that sensor is listed as the sun load sensor??? P/N xw4z-19e663-aa listing at $52.37 and LVC is 40.85...top center of the dash near w/shield
M

Well that sensor is listed as the sun load sensor??? P/N xw4z-19e663-aa listing at $52.37 and LVC is 40.85...top center of the dash near w/shield
M

Is this a multi-function part? I did some googling and the sunload sensor is part of the HVAC system. Does it also control the automatic lights?

Is this a multi-function part? I did some googling and the sunload sensor is part of the HVAC system. Does it also control the automatic lights?

Tom you are correct...and on the LS there is another sensor right next to that one and it is called an amplifier..p/n xw4z-13a018-aa 45.98 list and 26.90 LVC. On most cars that sun load does it all.

M

Tom you are correct...and on the LS there is another sensor right next to that one and it is called an amplifier..p/n xw4z-13a018-aa 45.98 list and 26.90 LVC. On most cars that sun load does it all.

M

I see that is also called a "sentinel sensor" and a "light sensor". I assume that's what I need.

I am going to research that a little more in the on line service manual and get back to you....
M

I am going to research that a little more in the on line service manual and get back to you....
M

I'm just wondering what you discovered in the service manual. I'm still interested in fixing this but I want to be sure to order the right part.

Mine still don't work, never really noticed it was a problem before this thread as I was used to turning my lights on and off manually.

Members online

Back