AMAZING MAGNAFLOW DEAL!! $499.97 Shipped

Magnaflow keeps fluctuating the price but can give a 10% discount to any LvC Gold Member. Sign up today for a gold member and save some cash.

DarkMansLSEV8 said:
Do you guys know how much HP the magnaflow system increases on the 2000-2002's?
Magnaflow claims 11 HP and 10 lb-ft of torque. Here is their dyno sheet:

15710.jpg

I have found three places, including hottexhaust and eBay that will sell them to us. The prices are between $487 and $500 shipped!!! I am placing an order today.

Well I finally ordered it!:D I am going to get some sound clips for everyone once I install the kit. I've heard from others that the cabin noise is considerably quieter when rear-firing tips are added to the magnaflow kit so I am going to do a before and after video inside and outside of the car. I also will also get a clip of the car with stock exhaust so it can be used as a reference point.

Does anyone have 3" tips on an 00-02 LS? I want the rear of the car to look as stock as possible and I think 4" may be a little too big for the LS

I have read somewhere on this forum that the interior noise from a Magnaflow exhaust is actualy LESS than that from a K&N intake.

Is this so ? I tried to find that post a week or two ago and could not re-locate it.

I have the KKM intake as well so I will definately let you know.

I have a question for all you who already have the kit.... I asked before but no one seamed to know the answer... Once installed will it pass california smog emmisions? Also do you need to change the catalytic converter? how long are they good for???? I have been wanting to get the catback for well over 3 yrs now and i finally have the money to do it.

I have a question for all you who already have the kit.... I asked before but no one seamed to know the answer... Once installed will it pass california smog emmisions? Also do you need to change the catalytic converter? how long are they good for???? I have been wanting to get the catback for well over 3 yrs now and i finally have the money to do it.

The exhaust system will pass for sure. The only part of the exhaust that takes care of smog control are the catalytic converters, and this system is a cat-back system, meaning it is from the cats back. Your OEM cats will remain on the car, so the emissions should be exactly the same. The exhaust system is stainless steel (I believe), so it should be as good as the factory exhaust system, longevity-wise.

OEM cats should be good for the life of the car, unless something very strange happens, like if you start running very rich, you can burn them out pretty easily. My 1994 Grand Marquis still has the stock cats and it passed emissions here in Texas with flying colors, it wasn't anywhere close to failing, and it burns just about as much oil as gas!

huh that sucks i didnt know that, i guess theyll start that here when this state legislature ends

"you start running very rich" how would something like that happen? I just want to make sure since I dont want to get the catback and a yr later i need to replace something else.... thanks guys.

I have read somewhere on this forum that the interior noise from a Magnaflow exhaust is actualy LESS than that from a K&N intake.

Is this so ? I tried to find that post a week or two ago and could not re-locate it.

I here my intake over the exhaust definately when heavy on the gas. Its not the K&N though, I have the LSK aluminum one with the KKM.

"you start running very rich" how would something like that happen? I just want to make sure since I dont want to get the catback and a yr later i need to replace something else.... thanks guys.

I've had my MagnaFlow for over 30k now and have no problems with anything. Can't see it affecting your emissions at all, but I don't live in Cali.

That's a rare problem to have, basically running rich means there's too much fuel in the air/fuel ratio, so there's unburnt fuel in the exhaust and that destroys the cats. Keep up proper maintenance of the car and get any MIL codes checked immediately and you should be fine. Getting a new exhaust system is fantastic, get it and enjoy it.

is this a permanent discount? i thought it was only a x-mas discount, but i ordered it tonight and got it for 499.97!!!!

Members online

Back