am radio reception

garyiso

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased 2006 Lincoln ls with Navigation system. Everything works fine except the am reception is horrible even when I was within a mile of the radio station it was all static. Since it still under factory warranty is there anything I can do? I like listening to baseball games. gary

Does it have a rear window tint applied? The metallized films can adversely affect reception. :(

(or maybe your antenna is damaged/disconected/loose...)

I also have nav and my am reception was very bad a couple of days a ago. Then a hit a pot hole, and it sounded good again. :)

I guess something was loose.

if you have a warranty, take it in to the dealer. They have to make it work. I had my radio replaced two times under warranty.

It's the isolator in the roof lining coming into contact with the roof. If you turn on your radio and sit in the back seat, start pushing on the roof lining in the area where the lead comes of the window antenna. You can alter the quality of the single just my pushing on the liner in that area. I fixed this problem by taking a folded tissue and stuffing it between the roof and that isolator. My reception if 200% better with that easy fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back