Am I retarded?

The Rev

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just am. What does this photo show? Looks like these are 2 passengers side lcas. Correct me if SOMEHOW one of these is the drivers side.

Heres the story, I got my suspension kit last tuesday and I didn't get around to finding out I had 2 passengers side until friday. Ok so he agrees to ship me a drivers side on monday and I'll ship mine simultaneously. I get it today, and its the exact same thing?

Its moog part number k8784. Thats at least what the box says.

I've been out of my mark for about 2 weeks now. I'm beyond pissed off at this point.

100_3285.JPG

Can't be

I almost pissed myself when you said that. Here's a photo of my passengers side. They look the same no?

100_3287.JPG

My girlfriend tossed em when I first got em so I can only compare this one (k8784) to the other visually. Way to ruin, oh wait, I mean start my vacation. This should've been done over a week ago. Off to advance first thing in the am. I'm hoping I can get some serious work done tomorrow before work at 1pm.

Which is acceptable, 115 bucks a piece tho oof. I'll get a refund on the other plus shipping so oh well. I just popped one of those 5 hr energy things time for an allnighter, 2:40am here I'm gonna see if I can get there right when they open and get it done.

This is why I have a room full of box's that stuff came in. just in case something goes wrong. I keep boxs that electronics comes in a Lot longer just in case it takes a crap and I need to send it off.

I'm still going thru the same type thing with inner fender splash shields now.

The part #'s are correct on the part, but the LF is a 1st Gen. I sent them a poster paper template on Thursday to compare to before they sent me another one. They have sent 2 incorrect ones so far.

Aren't those little problems fun!!

At least you didn't have your tranny pulled down and be actually retarded and purchase a Torque Converter from Autozone. Then when it comes fill it with Mercon V put it into the Tranny start putting the tranny back in and find out that they sent you the wrong TC... Then spend the time arguing with Autozone that it's the wrong TC, have to take the tranny down again pull the damn wrong TC, and they tell you that I'm mistaken and that there are 2 trannys that come on a Lincoln Mark VIII and they don't want to take the TC back because I put oil in to it.

It took 4 days to get this damn thing worked out right. Oh by the way don't shop at Autozone. Advance is OK Autozone bad...

I like Advance A LOT. I have no problem comparing them to Rock Auto. But its a retail store with many locations, Rock has just one in Madison, WI. So its hard to make a real comparison. But Autozone is just the WRONG place to go. "Get into the Zone with Autozone?" Ya... zoned out by their stupidity.

I like Advance A LOT. I have no problem comparing them to Rock Auto. But its a retail store with many locations, Rock has just one in Madison, WI. So its hard to make a real comparison. But Autozone is just the WRONG place to go. "Get into the Zone with Autozone?" Ya... zoned out by their stupidity.

Where is Rock Auto in Madison, WI?

Ok, this is my first order with advance. (well, special order I guess)

They didn't have it in stock today, but will have it tomorrow for me @ 1030am. How can they do this, short of having a manager swing by another advance and pick it up? I ordered it over the phone with my credit card (sketchy seeing that at staples we can't do that.

I'm on vacation as of now and will be spending all day tomorrow getting this together, I will also be taking the alignment specs someone posted as well, seeing that I'm ruining the alignment.

My strut rod bolt on the passengers lca...when I spin it I spin the whole rod spins, just another bump in the road.

On a positive end, I ordered some exhaust tips and an X pipe for my next project, man its gonna be loud.

Hmmmm... Advance wont let me do CC cards over phone. Anyway, did you get one for a T-Bird? Those they should stock, at least they usually are, and cheap at about $60 each for TRW.

i got the tbird stuff for my 97, it's steel sprung now anyway. seems to be an identical part other than the damned price.

I'm cursed, not retarded. When I got there today they gave me an upper arm for some other car. Ok so I try for an upper, it'll be overnighted next day. Asked for a tbird and hes like "oh yeah I got a few of those" and gives me....ANOTHER PASSENGERS SIDE. I had to then drive to 2 other locations tracking this down (the 2nd store tried to give me a passengers as well) Finally got it

Yeah they quoted the control arm for the mark at 115.78. For the 96 tbird like 60. I opted for the non supercoupe one because it looked like (on their website) that it came with strut rod bushings, which I already had.

My problem now: Installing the swaybar endlink, when I tighten the upper 15mm bolt I guess it gets caught on something and the balljoint spins freely. I tried to squeeze the endlink into the spindle and tighten it and made it worse, now its stuck. I'll deal with it in the am.

Not particularly, I'm actually trying to find the front end specs someone posted for the alignment. I'm trying to get an appt at a local dealership tomorrow

Members online

Back