Am I overthinking this?

bl_rdrgz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well guys since i just purchased the car and only recently started driving it. every little thing freaks me out. well saturday i drove the car in the snow/ice for the first time. and i noticed it would somewhat cut out or want to stall only did it once on my way to a restaraunt. the car ran fine other wise. then i had about a 20 mile drive on the highway still snowy and icy and it did it maybe 5-6 times. the car running perfect other wise. ive kinda narrowed it down to Advance trac kicking in but it happening so quickly that the light just didnt come on. has your car ever behaved like this in icy/snowy weather?

stalling isnt common , if you applied your brakes and they were slipping abs would come in and stop your car but not shut off the engine

well guys since i just purchased the car and only recently started driving it. every little thing freaks me out. well saturday i drove the car in the snow/ice for the first time. and i noticed it would somewhat cut out or want to stall only did it once on my way to a restaraunt. the car ran fine other wise. then i had about a 20 mile drive on the highway still snowy and icy and it did it maybe 5-6 times. the car running perfect other wise. ive kinda narrowed it down to Advance trac kicking in but it happening so quickly that the light just didnt come on. has your car ever behaved like this in icy/snowy weather?

Sounds like he Traction Control doing its job. Regular traction control cuts engine power to control loss of traction. I think AdvanceTrac works a little differently as it uses braking and engine power to mitigate traction loss.

Sounds like he Traction Control doing its job. Regular traction control cuts engine power to control loss of traction. I think AdvanceTrac works a little differently as it uses braking and engine power to mitigate traction loss.

My understanding:

Both regular traction control and AdvanceTrac use rear wheel braking and engine power reduction to control wheel spin.

The difference with AdvanceTrac is that it also can apply the front brakes and it knows which way the car is headed (YAW sensor) and which way you want it to head (steering angle sensor). It will do what it can to correct the car to where it is heading in the direction you are steering. It can/will activate even without any wheel spin or braking from the driver.

No it wasn't completely stalling more like a hesitation. I've pretty much confirmed this. The roads are now clear and the car is running 100%!!

I freaked out the first few months anything happened. Would search out parts and repairs and I'd tell all my friends it's broken and then the next day it was fine! Now when there is an actual problem, they all tell me, "Thought the lincoln could fix itself" and I reply, "it does usually, have a problem with the self fixing mechanism valve so I gotta take this one on myself!"

kinda just sounds like normal behavior (with the exception of a blinking trac light at the top of the cluster) of traction control/advancetrac on a slippery road

kinda just sounds like normal behavior (with the exception of a blinking trac light at the top of the cluster) of traction control/advancetrac on a slippery road

Sometimes the light flashes too quickly to catch. Usually you're too busy driving!!!!! :steering:burnout:

Members online

No members online now.
Back