Am I forgetting something - removing stock HU

JaredLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I unscrewed the two bolts and am now trying to pull the climate controls and stereo out...however it just does not seem to want to go :mad: :mad: /? Am I missing something or just not pulling hard enough. I got the bottom to move out about an inch but that's it. :confused:

Are the two bolts your talking about where the vents are because there are two screws behind the ashtray as well.

JaredLS said:
I unscrewed the two bolts and am now trying to pull the climate controls and stereo out...however it just does not seem to want to go :mad: :mad: /? Am I missing something or just not pulling hard enough. I got the bottom to move out about an inch but that's it. :confused:

yup. 2 at the bottom also. you gotta pop out the fake woodgrain around the ashtray and u`ll see them hiding in there. then u`ll have i think 6 micro screws holding in the unit. also remember the the climate control unit has 2 tabs that go up into the headunit so you will have to lift the front up a little but to clear the tabs when finally removing the unit. you`re probably gonn ahave to cut them off so that the aftermarket unit can sit flush if you are goin aftermarket. good luck..
jace

got everything installed correctly I was missing the top two screws under the vents. but all is not good the PIE adapter I got from BigPappy33 is a POS and can't use it in conjunction with my CDs'...which he knew but neglected to tell me.!!!:mad: ass..cancelling cc payment.
anybody know of a aux adapter for an 02 LS audophile indash 6 that works in conjunction with the cd player.

JaredLS said:
got everything installed correctly I was missing the top two screws under the vents. but all is not good the PIE adapter I got from BigPappy33 is a POS and can't use it in conjunction with my CDs'...which he knew but neglected to tell me.!!!:mad: ass..cancelling cc payment.
anybody know of a aux adapter for an 02 LS audophile indash 6 that works in conjunction with the cd player.

Had the same problem. Far as I know you have to lose the cd player for the 02. Are you sure BigPappy33 really knew...seems kind of risky to sell something knowing it wouldn't work, especially on this forum.

I think you need the correct harness. I have the PIE X3-FRDW; that's the X3 "Brain" that gives three line inputs, plus the harness for the '03 and newer LS (and some other FoMoCo vehicles). This particular setup goes between my Visteon Sirius unit and the had unit.

I also have the PIE UniPod, which allows me to power my iPod and provides a line-level out from it to feed the X3.

I'm not sure which PIE adapter you got, but you might contact PIE to see if it's something as simple as getting the correct harness for your car.

I got one from circuit city that works. It was 40 bucks, by "USA SPEC" I have the alpine, 6 cd in dash, it plugged in inline. When you hit media to go to cd player, you hit media again and it goes to "DJ" Thats when the aux. in works

I have an '02 with the pie adapter and everything works fine, including cd and steering controls. You bought a bogus item my man.

cruzn do you control your ipod from your deck or do you control it from your ipod? and what is your experience with the "usaspec" PIE.

I dont use an ipod, I have a pc mounted in the trunk and a touchscreen monitor that I use for control. System is currently getting overhaul, serious install, pics coming.

yeh i was thinking of doing a pc. my friend has his touch screen hooked up to his labtop, and he just runs winamp or itunes from his labtop all on his screen. and his HP has a remote so he just leaves his labtop on stand by and just hits the button on his remote when he gets into his car. the only problem is he has a flip screen and i want a double din.

I've also got the PIE in my 02 LS with the 6 disc in dash Audiophile, and it works great, no loss of any functionality!

yeah i had it in mine for a whole 2 seconds and ripped it out. It was about as clear as swamp water!

yeah I'm still using it but it sounds terrible, working on serperate headunit install. Will post pics, it's custom lol.... Sounds kinda airy, no bass, etc, kinda hissy, just not good overall.

Members online

Back