Aluminum Dash Kit

KD00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a brushed aluminum dash kit for a 2000 ls, no nav, no in dash cd changer, with a sun roof and no telephone adapter, automatic v8

KD00LS said:
Does anyone know where to get a brushed aluminum dash kit for a 2000 ls, no nav, no in dash cd changer, with a sun roof and no telephone adapter, automatic v8

www.woodtrim.com - I only see 2003+ listed.most of it's the same - except the cup holder / e-brake section....

KD00LS said:
I offer the dash kits but they are not on my website yet. I can get the real aluminum dash kits for $149.99 plus shipping. If you are interested shoot me an email at info@lskoncepts.com. Here's a diagram of the 30 piece kit:

39-12.jpg

Also, here is a little information about the aluminum kits and why we have the best around:

LS Koncepts Aluminum Dash Kits

whatsupadrian said:
carbon fiber kits available?
Yep. The real carbon fiber kits are $199.99 plus shipping. It has the same pieces as the diagram above. You can get the carbon fiber in just about any color. However, the black and silver carbon fiber kits are available for the price mentioned above.

do you make brushed aluminum kits, i like that look better
also can you post pics of the interior with it installed

What exactly does this kit consist of?(what do u mean by pieces)

GrayGhost1 said:
Yep. The real carbon fiber kits are $199.99 plus shipping. It has the same pieces as the diagram above. You can get the carbon fiber in just about any color. However, the black and silver carbon fiber kits are available for the price mentioned above.

Wow pricey.is there an alternative to what you did to your steering wheel. Because it will not match if i were tog et that kit. That company wants to charge a LOT for the steering wheel job.

KD00LS said:
do you make brushed aluminum kits, i like that look better
also can you post pics of the interior with it installed
I don't have any pictures of it installed. I'm a distributor of the kits and they don't have an installed picture of the aluminum kits. They only have pictures of the wood grain kits. The 30 piece set consists of your options above in each box.

whatsupadrian said:
Wow pricey.is there an alternative to what you did to your steering wheel. Because it will not match if i were tog et that kit. That company wants to charge a LOT for the steering wheel job.
You have to remember that I custom covered every piece inside my car with carbon fiber vinyl. What I did to my LS isn't available in any store. Also, the steering wheels was custom built by American Stitches. It cost $400 to have the leather recovered and they custom made the inserts on the steering to match my carbon fiber vinyl. It's a process they call photogenisis.

so its like a solid piece, not like a wrap you would put around the existing piece? and do they carry the brushed aluminum style?

KD00LS said:
so its like a solid piece, not like a wrap you would put around the existing piece? and do they carry the brushed aluminum style?
It's definitely not a cover. It's an entire insert piece. I'd say call American Stitches and see what they can do. However, open up your wallet because they ain't cheap. I always say...you get what you pay for. I'm very pleased with my steering wheel and would do it again.

KD00LS...
I have a silver frost steering wheel. I got it off of ebay. Once in a great while you can find odd parts there. I do know that any kit that you buy for the ls will not include the doors. That means there will still be a bit of the "wood" on the doors. I think grayghost and I are the only 2 individuals to use vinyl to cover up the exisiting wood trim that is left behind.
I have a picture of my steering wheel here.....
Cardomain website
Eleanor

wow that silver looks gorgeous, so if i buy a kit off of ken it will cover up the rest of the wood

KD00LS said:
wow that silver looks gorgeous, so if i buy a kit off of ken it will cover up the rest of the wood
Unfortunately, no one sells a molded kit for the exisiting wud like the pieces on the door. Jeremy and I covered our existing wood with vinyl. He used silver metallic vinyl and I used the carbon fiber vinyl.

GrayGhost1 said:
Unfortunately, no one sells a molded kit for the exisiting wud like the pieces on the door. Jeremy and I covered our existing wood with vinyl. He used silver metallic vinyl and I used the carbon fiber vinyl.

this sample can probably be used to cover the steering wheel with a nice adhesive.

whatsupadrian said:
this sample can probably be used to cover the steering wheel with a nice adhesive.
Probably but there's no telling how long it would last and how it would wear. Give it a shot! I've seen the wood grain steering wheels on eBay cheap. Buy one and try it out.

Members online

Back