Aluminum Coolant Overflow Tank?

clubairth

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I saw this a while ago Apollo Racing makes these for bunches of cars. At around $100 so not too bad a price. With all the over heating problems the LS has I wonder has anybody tried one? Says it fits 2000-2006 LS and 2002-2005 T-Bird

Al. Coolant Tank

On EBay too?

Al. Tank

Looks well made.

AL Top Tank.jpg

Clubarith,
Currently using one myself. Took about a month to ship from China, but it is a decent purchase. One thing to note, the tab that holds the vacuume line is fully shut off on the plastic reservoirs; not the case on the aluminum ones. Just nab some universal vacuum caps to close it off. Some modification to the tabs are required but all in all, it's damn good.

16749288347276938077882318799696.jpg

The thing I don't like about the all aluminum tanks... is that you cant see the coolant level at a glance.

For another $5... you'd think they could put a sight glass in. They probably never took the time to determine the proper coolant level in the bottle.

Clubarith,
Currently using one myself. Took about a month to ship from China, but it is a decent purchase. One thing to note, the tab that holds the vacuume line is fully shut off on the plastic reservoirs; not the case on the aluminum ones. Just nab some universal vacuum caps to close it off. Some modification to the tabs are required but all in all, it's damn good.

View attachment 828577564
I used heater hose and a bolt. That vacuum cap will give up on you. I meant to have it welded.

Members online

No members online now.
Back