Alpine system installed

n8bachelor

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone... let me know what you think. I am pleased with the install but will have to dive into the dash once because the installer could not get my steering wheel interface to work. I purchased the PAC SWI-ALP from ebay and was expecting it to work without flaws but they said they could not change the program mode (came set on 1 and the 04 LS needs #3 according to the instructions). O well I will look into it and see if I cant get it to work. The video bypass works flawlessly. No toggle switches needed.

100_1228.gif

100_1229.gif

100_1230.gif

Quick recap...
Alpine IVA-W200 in the dash with video lockout bypass and full speed Ipod cable (and soon to be steering wheel control interface)
Alpine type R 6.5" coax in the 4 doors
Alpine type R dual 2ohm sub
Alpine MRV-f450 powering the 4 door speakers
Alpine MRV-t757 powering the sub
Rockford Fosgate 1.0 farad capacitor inline to the sub amp

The sub, sub amp, and cap came out of my last car. Saved a little bit of money going that way but I may have to match up the sub amp after a while.

n8

System

very nice, n clean.

u can still access the trunk? how did u build in the sub?

I just got this put in on saturday. How easy is the bypass? Do the wires just need to be clipped? Looks freakin sweet, and I'm gonna throw up pictures of my system when its 100% complete.

Enjoy your new setup, and your box looks awesome.

wow man, that looks really good. How much did the HU run ya? Can the DVD be used while the car is in motion?

that's real clean man. i just got my alpine iva-d310 installed the other day, after i got it back i didn't notice it when i was at the shop but there's no bass at all, the speakers sound like :q:q:q:q, is there a stock alpine amp that the wires should have been connected to? i think it should be the same since yours is an alpine also.

JPsBored said:
very nice, n clean.

u can still access the trunk? how did u build in the sub?

I am not able to access the trunk from the rear seats... I can still get to the spare tire without moving the box. The box for the sub was built by my installer. It is a 1.0ft^3 box with a wide front to hold the two amps. The actual box is only about 14" wide.

Patrick00LS said:
wow man, that looks really good. How much did the HU run ya? Can the DVD be used while the car is in motion?

The HU was $875 from my local Alpine shop. Yes I can use the DVD while in motion thanks to the PAC TR-7.

I'll post some pics of the screen on so you can see how it looks.

awesome man...I've been planning a similar setup to yours except using a w7. Have some other things to get done first though.

chamorro said:
that's real clean man. i just got my alpine iva-d310 installed the other day, after i got it back i didn't notice it when i was at the shop but there's no bass at all, the speakers sound like :q:q:q:q, is there a stock alpine amp that the wires should have been connected to? i think it should be the same since yours is an alpine also.

Hummm this question leads me to other questions. What did your car come with from the factory? Some have stock amps and some do not. Mine did not. Second, did you replace the factory speakers? Third, have you tried to adjust the bass/treble settings on your hu?

I have replaced the factory speakers and added a powerful 4channel amp to the setup. IMO if you replace the HU you should replace the whole setup. I never use HU power to push my interiors... even a small 40watt amp is going to make a huge difference when powering aftermarket speakers.

Let me know more about what you are running and I may be able to help you out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back