Alpine stereo or not?

TBoomer

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, all. I have lurked and I have searched, but still no answer on this. I have a 2001 LS8 with the Alpine 6 disk changer head unit. I also have the center footwell speakers. However, when I look in the trunk, there are no 6X9s or amp on the rear dash. No signs of them EVER being there either. Anyone else seen an LS like this?

They (the speakers) are on the rear deck behind the headrests.. Idk were the amp is located. If you have the centers, then you have the 12 speaker system. The amps were cheaply made so usually, they just get taken out and go aftermarket..

Hello, all. I have lurked and I have searched, but still no answer on this. I have a 2001 LS8 with the Alpine 6 disk changer head unit. I also have the center footwell speakers. However, when I look in the trunk, there are no 6X9s or amp on the rear dash. No signs of them EVER being there either. Anyone else seen an LS like this?

They were deleted in '01 and/or '02 to save weight. I really forget the convoluted reasoning.

I guess I should clarify. I can see the 6X9 holes. They are empty and pristine. No screw holes , no scratches, etc. No random mystery wires either. I am wondering if this car just didn't get them. Guess I just need to build another system.:D

They were deleted in '01 and/or '02 to save weight. I really forget the convoluted reasoning.

Wow. First I had heard of this! Thank you. I would much rather have them over the useless crap in the footwells.

My ls was the same way. So I Ended up going to a junk that had an ls with the speakers, and. I got the rear deck with the holes and two door speakers(since I have two 10 inch subs in the trunk). I then hooked them up to my amp. The alpine door speakers are very clear and put out some good sounds.

I guess I should clarify. I can see the 6X9 holes. They are empty and pristine. No screw holes , no scratches, etc. No random mystery wires either. I am wondering if this car just didn't get them. Guess I just need to build another system.:D

there where some that didnt have them, your is one of those.

If you are planning on putting subs or a sub in the trunk then don't waste your time. I have an 01 LS and don't have them either. I was thinking about putting some CDC 6x9 subs in the holes but decided to just go with an 12" sub. With the Infinity Kappas in the doors, the system sounds sweet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back