Alpine 6cd changer question.

DarkMansLSEV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys I have a question about the alpine stereo in our cars. Sometimes on some cd's that i play, they skip. Now is this normal? I tried running a cleaning cd b/c i thought that maybe the cd lens was dirty but it didnt make a differece. Can it be the radio thats messed up? or maybe its some of the rewritteble disks that im using. The cd's are not scratched, it happened with a brand new cd that I had copied. Thanks.

I haven't experienced this with my alpine 6 disc but it is entirely possible that it is the brand of cd-r's you are using.

It could possibly be linked to the burning software you're using as well. Everytime my buddy burns a cd with iTunes then tries to play it in his car it skips on a few songs for awhile, then after playing the cd through a couple times it never skips again.

Yeah, mine skips as well, for sure on burned CDs, I'm not sure about purchased CDs, I mean - when was the last time I bought a CD? lol. It seemed that if I shut off the stereo for a bit and turned it back on, the skipping would stop. However, I haven't played with it enough to tell you because I don't use CDs very often. Goodluck.

mine skips too. only on burned cds so my guess is it is the cd-r's.not sure if its alpine, i have a 2000 LS, with the am/fm and cassette in dash and 6 disc in glove box with premium sound according to the window sticker. cd's that i actually bought don't skip at all for me. i also have noticed everytime i turn the radio off and back on the songs that were skipping do not now and its all other songs skipping this time.

I agree the LS cd player seems more sensitive to disk scratches and defects than other players.

I don't think it's just the LS, it affects my '04 Aviator worse than it affected my '02 LS, so it may just be Fords.

Members online

No members online now.
Back