Alot of ?'s

Marked4Life

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My Mark 8 has been sitting for 8 months now and I was able to get it back on the road a few days ago.
I have a VERY limited amount of funds and have alot of things to fix. I would like imput from you.
First my air ride is messed up. ( can you believe it!) I think I will just replace the air ride with Eddies convertion kit. I don't have the funds to be throwing money into alot of parts at this time. My first question is if you have a 1 1/2 inch dropped spring kit do you have problems with rubbing your air dam or rubbing the bottom of your car on speed bumps? I have tires that are about 3 tens of an inch shorter than stock so I am looking at almost a 2 inch drop, maybe more as the tires wear. Portland OR is very hilly so alot of parking lots are above or below street level, and they love their speed bumps here.
I am thinking about installing a 160 deg. thermostat. My car heats up alot when stuck in traffic. Will I have driving problems going this low? How is the fan on the radiator turned on? What temp does the fan turn on at? I would like it to turn on at about 180 deg. Is it controlled by the computer or a thermostat on the radiator or engine block? What would I need to do to change it?
I have ordered a trans cooler. Would it be best to just bypass the radiator cooler and plumb it just to the cooler? I am getting the trans serviced but I can't get the 1-2 accumulators done or get a shift kit at this time.
I also need new upper control arm bushings. Will bushings for a 94 Thunderbird upper contol arm work? Can the Lincoln bushings be replaced?
Does anyone know if poly bushings are available?
I am also replacing the rear shocks. I ordered the solid mounts from Eric Neasham. They are well made. I am thinking of using the Edelbrock IAS shocks for a 1999 Cobra, they come with the poly bushings. I hope the bushings fit the solid mounts without being modifed.
I know! Alot of questions but alot of you folks know your stuff as they say.
Thanks for your imput and help. I am sure I will be asking more questions in the next few days.

Thanks guys
Raoul

as for the t-bird arm if u ditch the air ride it will be fine cuz the ride height sensor attaches to a nub on the mark arm, some will say weld it onto the new arm but im leary of that (sorry mespock) because if is wrong just a bit than the air susp will be jacked up, but if u go coils then it wont matter just do the coils first then the arm www.tccoa.com has lots of bushing kits avil that will work on the mark so try there

Members online

Back