All you that own 2000 Lincoln LSes ...Next year the car will be considered a classic...

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Big applause for the owners of all the 2000 Lincoln LSes out on the roads ...Consider your car a true classic next year ...Turning the big 20 next year...it’s been a classic since the car came off the assembly line due to introducing many features that were ground breaking for today’s newer cars ...a big congratulations for all the 2000 LSes!

I hate to burst your bubble Dutch... But it's 25 years for a "classic" ... and 50 for an "antique". Sorry
Nope. depends on where you live...if you live in Maryland a car 20 years old is considered a classic, in West Virginia it is 25.

The Antique Automobile Club of America defines an antique car as over 25 years of age.

Arkansas is trying to push it back to 45 years from 25

"There are some special interest cars from the 90s, but there are no historic cars from the 90s," said Fortner.
Bill seeks to change what qualifies as an 'antique car' in Arkansas

Sounds like the state wants '90s Civic owners to stop getting away with $7 regs on their dailies. I'd bet the older car show crowd is also offended those Civics are trickling into their cruise nights. The bill would start the cutoff at ~1974. Something like a Delorean would no longer qualify

Pretty sure that NJ, and most classic car shows, still use 25 years as the age requirement for classic cars.

Unfortunately the LS will NEVER be considered a classic. Just like a 4-door 1973 Torino isn't.

Unfortunately the LS will NEVER be considered a classic. Just like a 4-door 1973 Torino isn't.

Oh how cruel! The truth hurts. And here I have a 2000 silver LS that I was going to sell as a classic! :)
Does a classic have to have a working 5R55N? :)

I hate to burst your bubble Dutch... But it's 25 years for a "classic" ... and 50 for an "antique". Sorry
Okay my mistake ....I need to stand corrected ....the Title should read ...If you live in Minnesota ...your 2000 LS will be considered a classic next year

My '95 F-150 will be a classic next year... But it actually doesn't even look like an antique. More like a relic. :(
I had a 91 XLT Lairet ... That was a great truck ... Owning the F150 made me realize I'm a car guy ...only drove it about a year ... Never bought another truck again and probably never will

To an extent I agree. I see old 1950's pickups at classic car shows. When I think classic, I'm thinking 1970's or older. I wouldn't look at a 90's Vette or NorthStar powered Cadillac or Lincoln Mk whatever as classic.

I think a different generation will see 90's / 2000's cars as collectable classics. The kids born in 2030's and 2040's.

Then again... there are some vehicles that are born classics. Some I remember "back in the day" that weren't even... or just barely 15 years old.

Yenko Chevys
Hemi Mopars
429 Boss Mustangs
Ford Panteras
AMC AMX
Even 80's Buick GN's
Deloreans too

Granted... the 60's WAS the muscle car era, but there were non-mainstream classics back in the 50's too. Tucker and Hudson are the first 2 that come to mind.

Back in 2006 I went to Auburn, Indiana... to the Cord, Auburn, Deusenberg museum. I've always lusted for a '39 Cord... But the Auburns and Deusenbergs are works of art. The museum is a worthwhile trip if you live within a couple hours drive.

The bonus was that the Kruse International Auction was going on at the fairgrounds at the same time, (Labor Day weekend).

I tried shopping the vendors... but spent most of my time inside watching the cars come across the auction block. You name it... it was there. From steam powered to brand new exotics.

It was probably the best weekend a "car guy" could ever spend.

There will always be an exception to the rule, so to speak. But in mass production, I can see cars like the LS become a classic. It will just take a bit longer than what those older muscle cars took.

I mean heck, most cars will be relics soon by the way the industry is pushing electric. Hopefully now that Hyundai has joined Toyota in making Hydrogen Fuel Cell, we can keep our V8's and power them off the universes most abundant recourse. We just need Ford/Chrysler To wake the F up and realize batteries are more harmful to the environment (especially when spilled) and push for the best combustible source ever. Hydrogen!

... We just need Ford/Chrysler To wake the F up and realize batteries are more harmful to the environment (especially when spilled) and push for the best combustible source ever. Hydrogen!

It's the governments and the green folks that you need to convince, more so than the auto companies.
(For the record, I agree with your position.)

Me too... and in a sense the LS is a 4 door luxury version of a Mustang.

In another 10-15 years or so, (if any survive), I think the LS will be considered a classic. After all... there were only about 250k made.

The caveat about hydrogen in vehicles is that they can't make it idiot proof enough for some people.

Some way... some how... enough people would manage to blow themselves and others up... and ruin it for everyone.

That... or the filling stations would have to be certified mandatory full service stations.

and push for the best combustible source ever. Hydrogen!
Hydrogen cars don't use combustion. Fuel cells produce electricity through a chemical process inside, like a battery continually being fed new liquid fuel. Hydrogen burns dirty with more NOx than gasoline when using air

The caveat about hydrogen in vehicles is that they can't make it idiot proof enough for some people.

Some way... some how... enough people would manage to blow themselves and others up... and ruin it for everyone.

That... or the filling stations would have to be certified mandatory full service stations.

I don't think hydrogen stations allow you to dispense without a secure connection since its a pressurized gas. I can, however, go spray pressurized gasoline everywhere right now.

The caveat is the global infrastructure revolving around oil fuels. There was a point where electric cars were dominant in the US 100 years ago. It seemed like there was no way enough gasoline stations could be built to match the availability of every building having an outlet. Yet, here we are, with people arguing electricity can't match the convenience of gasoline.

The flash point for gasoline is 32 degrees F . The flash point for liquid hydrogen is - 413 degrees F .

Plus...

Liquid hydrogen is cold enough to freeze air, leading to problems with pressure build-ups due to clogged valves. Both forms of hydrogenstorage are prone to leaks. ... Free hydrogen is extremely reactive. It is ten times more flammable than gasoline, and twenty times moreexplosive.Jan 3, 2006
The Myth of the Hydrogen Economy - ...
Resilience.org › stories › myth-hydrogen...

Diesel fuel and Ammonia is more than enough for terrorists. They don't need to be driving around in vehicles filled with hydrogen!

Leave the hydrogen to the boys and girls at NASA.

I don't know about electric vehicles 100 years ago... but the electric vehicles from the 50's were smaller than a Yugo... and half the vehicles weight was the bank of 12 volt batteries under the rear seat... and they only had about a 30 mile range.

Since the majority of EV's only have a 100 mile range, that wouldn't work for me. Plus... I have yet to see a charging station on a jobsite.

I'll stick with good ole fossil fuels thank you. What they need to do is figure out how to design an economical exhaust separator for the carbon and oxygen.

I guess one of the main reasons that the LS will be a classic is because of just the discussion that broke out on this thread....we seem to be slipping into EV cars and trucks and the fossil fuel driven cars will be CLASSICS

Members online

Back