All my windows went down...

hockey930

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I moved the ls at about 10:30 pm so I could get the volvo in the garage to do all the engine bay wiring for megasquirt. I finished up with the volvo at about 4:45AM, and pushed it out of the garage only to find all of the windows on the ls compleatly down. The remote was in pocket the whole time, is there some sort of combo of buttons you can push to make them all go down like that?...or do I have a ghost?
Eamonn

if you hold the unlock button down all the windows will roll down. they awy to get them back up without getting back in the car is to put your keys in the door and turn it to the left and they will go up

hockey930 said:
I moved the ls at about 10:30 pm so I could get the volvo in the garage to do all the engine bay wiring for megasquirt. I finished up with the volvo at about 4:45AM, and pushed it out of the garage only to find all of the windows on the ls compleatly down. The remote was in pocket the whole time, is there some sort of combo of buttons you can push to make them all go down like that?...or do I have a ghost?
Eamonn

Yep...it's in the owner's manual. Just hold down the unlock button for 5+ seconds (IIRC).

Another cool trick is to put the key in the door lock and turn clockwise and hold it. It will roll up the windows and close the sunroof.

gt95coupe said:
if you hold the unlock button down all the windows will roll down. they awy to get them back up without getting back in the car is to put your keys in the door and turn it to the left and they will go up

Beat me to the punch:p

its amazing how many people dont know about this feature. i had a buddy that had an ls about a year before i got mine and i eneded up showing him that his car had and extra feature he didn`t know about. great fueature though. seems to amaze people every time i do it .

I feel better about it now, I was so damn tired, I started to hear things, like the door to the garage I thought opened like 5 times. It's not a big deal my house is on the other side of that door, I just started to get a little freaked out. Being overtired messes with your mind.
Eamonn

hockey930 said:
I feel better about it now, I was so damn tired, I started to hear things, like the door to the garage I thought opened like 5 times. It's not a big deal my house is on the other side of that door, I just started to get a little freaked out. Being overtired messes with your mind.
Eamonn

If I remember correctly someone on here posted that thier windows went down over night as well when they were sleeping. I don't remember who it was because it was quite some time ago so maybe you might try searching for it and find it there. If it happens again then you know you have a problem. Again I'm not sure of the fix either because how long it's been since I they posted.

a buddy of mine, figured out how to wire the windows to my viper alarm. I can roll them both ways. no sure how he did it but or i would post it but i just thought i would share that info with you guys.

cpgoodman said:
a buddy of mine, figured out how to wire the windows to my viper alarm. I can roll them both ways. no sure how he did it but or i would post it but i just thought i would share that info with you guys.
Can you do a write up on this? I have installed a remote start kit and now my windows wont roll down unless i use my factory remote

Ill talk to my friend to see if he remembered him he did it. It's been over a year so im going to guess that he will have forgot. As far as your remote start not doing the windows but your factory will. Those are two completely different systems so naturally the remote start wont do the windows unless you wire it to one of the extra channels.

Some alarms have the relays or at least an output built into it already. I'm not sure about any of the remote start units, they might have a secondary function that a relay could be added to.

I had the roll-up/down windows feature in a car in 1990, with a top of the line CodeAlarm unit.

Bozz

Members online

No members online now.
Back