All I wanted to do was change my oil...

washin34

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how this happened, maybe after my in-dash swap...the reset button panel has collapsed inside of the dash....it appears the panel is supported by two "sticks" at either end...do you think I can just glue them back to the panel? Anyone have this happen to them...Any advice?

I have no idea how this happened, maybe after my in-dash swap...the reset button panel has collapsed inside of the dash....it appears the panel is supported by two "sticks" at either end...do you think I can just glue them back to the panel? Anyone have this happen to them...Any advice?

This litteraly just happened in my LS last week! I was super pi**ed!

Anyhow, they are repairing this under my warranty, so I cannot answer your question.

Sorry.

Yeah that happened to my LS too. The dealership had a screw on each side holding it in place. I thought it was strange seeing two Phillips head screws on the the outside of my trim but they did it so clean that I didn't mind. You can pull the entire vent piece off and probably glue it back together. That is what i did with one of my spares. The mounts that the screws screw into just break after time.

Happened to me as well. I've super glued it a couple of time and it still seems to happen also the actually center trim part mounting bracket is cracked!
I will buy a new one from discountfordpart.com/fivestartford.com/dealer but there are other things that I need to get done before that.

fairly common on these cars i believe. happened to to me once, i glued it, then it broke again after my brother bought the car from me (and is still broken probably close to a year later!!).

pop that piece of the dashboard out carefully using a screwdriver and try glueing it.

Use JB Weld to glue it back on. Then, be gentle when you push the buttons. They don't need much pressure.

i used plastic epoxy to glue it back together. that was over a year ago and it never broke again.(knock on wood)

This happened to mine about a month ago. I went out and bought some plastic epoxy at Lowes and its like new again!

+1 on the 2 part epoxy. happened to mine a while back. i caked on the epoxy, let it cure overnight. been fine since.

Haha, I literally fixed this on mine last weekend. I used superglue, but quite a bit of it (glued it back together, let it dry, then glued some more, let it dry, then covered both sides in glue, it was pretty rock hard the next morning so I hope it holds if I'm careful with the buttons. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back